Multi Strand Blankets

Yeah, I'm probably coming in on this late, but WOW! These are so much fun! Quick and instant gratification.

I'm looking for more patterns for them, so far I've found a lion brand freebie, but does anyone have an sugestions? I bought a pamphlet for four patterns, but two of them are kinda ugly.

Anyone else a bit crazy for them? They're super warm.

I've made several. no pattern.

I've made 4 strands with my "giant" hook--the big plastic "Q"...thick, heavy warm.

those I make about 65 stitches wide, and as long as I want (DH is tall, I made ours rather longer than "normal" :D) and they're plenty wide for snuggling under.

I made one for DS recently, using 2 strands and a fat wooden hook that is handmade (A thrift store rescue) there's a faded "P" on it, but I think it's really an M/N.

I forget how many stitches wide I made it though. It was nice and thick. one of these days I'll post a picture.

My fave stitch to use on these is the "up and down/crumple" stitch. that's the one where you alternate sc and dc in the first row. In every row really, but in all the other rows, the sc goes on the dc from the previous row, and the dc goes on the sc from the previous row. Makes a very cozy fabric.

no pattern, I just wing it. But it works. :)

HTH

I'm not sure what you are asking for; I think it is blanket that are made holing more than 1 strand together.

My favorited is the BABY BUBBLES BLANKET on Crochet Pattern Central, made w/ 2 strands & an N hook. I have made it in doll size, all the way up to large throw.

I've made several. no pattern.

I've made 4 strands with my "giant" hook--the big plastic "Q"...thick, heavy warm.

those I make about 65 stitches wide, and as long as I want (DH is tall, I made ours rather longer than "normal" :D) and they're plenty wide for snuggling under.

I made one for DS recently, using 2 strands and a fat wooden hook that is handmade (A thrift store rescue) there's a faded "P" on it, but I think it's really an M/N.

I forget how many stitches wide I made it though. It was nice and thick. one of these days I'll post a picture.

My fave stitch to use on these is the "up and down/crumple" stitch. that's the one where you alternate sc and dc in the first row. In every row really, but in all the other rows, the sc goes on the dc from the previous row, and the dc goes on the sc from the previous row. Makes a very cozy fabric.

no pattern, I just wing it. But it works. :)

HTH

Ooo sounds fun.

I hate my Q hook... never got comfortable with it. But I migt dg it out and give it another try. The biggest I use is a Susan Bates N hook. Its my baby and it and my whole stash are far from me right now. (I'm taking care of a friend that hurt herself.)

I do love the "crumple" stitch though.

I'm not sure what you are asking for; I think it is blanket that are made holing more than 1 strand together.

My favorited is the BABY BUBBLES BLANKET on Crochet Pattern Central, made w/ 2 strands & an N hook. I have made it in doll size, all the way up to large throw.

Yeah, sorry. That's what i meant.

I was excited because I finished an awesome one.

Archived