New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

Here we go again! I have made 2 of the Clue #5 squares...the first one isn't even close to "square" - the second one is more square because I did it backwards, but it only came out to 7 1/2 inches. :think Hopefully "the third times the charm"!!!

post-21933-135897586998_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH DANG! I just now finished my 2nd Clue #4 square... 2 more to do PLUS 16 of clue 5!!! I really should be packing because I'm moving next weekend (29th/30th) I just don't see how I'm gonna have time to get anything done, too much crochet to do lol :)

Good news is square 2 went alot faster than square 1 so I should be able to get the other 2 done today, I work tomorrow but I should be able to do at least 1 of the new squares, then I'm off Fri/Sat so plenty of time to pack and work on more squares... off again on Monday but it's my anniversary and I'm not sure what DH has up his sleeve but maybe there will be some time for crochet then too... oh yeah, and I have to finish my project for my Secret Pal Exchange on the yahoo group

Oh and I'm so glad I never got around to buying yarn for a 2nd 'ghan, at this point we'll be lucky if I finish this one :(

Here we go again! I have made 2 of the Clue #5 squares...the first one isn't even close to "square" - the second one is more square because I did it backwards, but it only came out to 7 1/2 inches. :think Hopefully "the third times the charm"!!!

[ATTACH]29121[/ATTACH]

lookin good anyhow!!

I just finished the last o0f my clue 4 squares and have printed clue 5. It doesn't look like it will be quite a s bad a clue 5. The symbol diagram looks easier than the written directions to me.

I agree!!

---in other news I just frogged my completed second square (yes, from clue 1 still...) because down at the bottom it was wayyy to wide--I would not accept it!

Perhaps I can channel some of your acceptance of non-square squares, Braxxi!! It will save me some time...that is for sure!

I have done two of the clue 5 squares, although the ends aren't woven in yet. The first one is a little small, (but I can stretch it to 8 inches), and also a little "wonky". The second one is better. It's a pretty easy square, and I can finish one a lot faster than the clue 4 squares.

The only thing that bothers me about this square is that two adjacent sides look finished and that makes the other two sides look like they are missing something.

I have done two of the clue 5 squares, although the ends aren't woven in yet. The first one is a little small, (but I can stretch it to 8 inches), and also a little "wonky". The second one is better. It's a pretty easy square, and I can finish one a lot faster than the clue 4 squares.

The only thing that bothers me about this square is that two adjacent sides look finished and that makes the other two sides look like they are missing something.

I can see that being a problem, but it will disappear once everything is sewn together, right? :lol I hope!!

Cindy, after seeing Braxxi's pics, I wondered if there is going to be some sort of WAY cool design when putting them all together. These new squares make me think of corners. But there are 16... :think AND I have a long way to go to catch up with you all so having ideas of how they are to be assembled is a long way off for me...

I'm considering skipping around the clues at my leisure...it's a thought...

I can see that being a problem, but it will disappear once everything is sewn together, right? :lol I hope!!

i hope that too!

:pizza

[ATTACH]29121[/ATTACH]

I think they look pretty good!

So I decided to finish at least my 8 ww squares before I start the miters. Still have the three striped ones in ww,just not so excited about those darn ends.:lol

Here are last weeks squares, finally. All ends except beginning and ending ones are woven in! I did all but the first one with linked TC's. I didn't do the last two rows, as my squares were 8 inches without them. I hope it doesn't matter in the finished afghan.

post-6189-13589758754_thumb.jpg

Both sets of squares look great, Cindy! :cheer Are you using RHSS?

Thanks. No RHSS for me. I hate working with the stuff because it's so rough, (although the color range is great, and I hear it washes up nicely.)

The yarns are "Bernat Super Value" (green, and honey), "Bernat Berella 4" (blue), "Vanna's" (beige) and "I Love This Yarn" (variegated). I had all except the green yarn in my stash. (mostly purchased on clearance)

Bernat super value yarns are really soft, considering they are a bargain priced yarn. The only place I've ever seen it around here is at Meijers though. They don't carry a lot of yarn, so not too much in the way of color selection.

Gardener your stuff looks great! Well my SO(not married but still my SO)has a test for his new job tomorrow. So I decided to go with him run some errands I need to run in that area and then go to Borders and crochet. This is a friendly Borders where I go for my knit/crochet nights twice a month so people there are used to us crazy fiber people. :lol Also the leader of our groups husband works there,so we have an IN! ;) So tonight I will get my pink drum ready. Oh and I bought a notebook to keep all the clues in,I put the clues in those nice clear plastic sleeves. :)

So I decided to finish at least my 8 ww squares before I start the miters. Still have the three striped ones in ww,just not so excited about those darn ends.:lol

darn those ends!! :lol

Bernat super value yarns are really soft, considering they are a bargain priced yarn.

:tup I've only seen it at Meijer as well...and ooh they are soft! (for a bargain yarn ;))

Oh and I bought a notebook to keep all the clues in,I put the clues in those nice clear plastic sleeves. :)

How organizey of you!! :clap

Here's a couple pics:

The first one is a pic of 2 of my Clue #4 squares, the top one (because I couldn't get the image to rotate) is my first one and the bottom one is my 4th one... 100% better than the first, I really want to do the 1st one over but I'm not going to, gotta get crackin' on clue #5 :)

Then, of course, you have all 4 squares so far in the other pic.

Someone mentioned something about having a lot of dishcloths, which is funny cuz my dad keeps looking at all my squares and asking if everyone's getting dishcloths for Christmas this year... I'm thinking I should give him a dishcloth for Christmas just to be a smart alack lol

post-38386-135897587597_thumb.jpg

post-38386-135897587601_thumb.jpg

I am putting all of the clues in a 3-ring binder. I have a note in the bottom corner that lists my colors by letter. That has holes punched in it so I can move it in front of the clue I'm currently working. I plan on using the same binder for the Knit CAL I'm going to do once this is finished. That will take me all year! :lol

I finished square one of clue #5 (ends weaved in and everything). Here's a pic -

post-28827-135897587605_thumb.jpg

Archived