Granny scarf mobius

joules

hope this is the right place for this

Just finished this tonight and couldnt wait to share. ive been playing with the mobius concept since seeing some mitts on ravelry. my first few goes hurt my brain as i was making it too complicated though i did come up with a couple things that worked. then it hit me from nowhere…..granny squares…… so i did a few 2 round grannys and did this with them. i love it. it sits around my neck without crowding my chin if that makes any sense. the only problem is that it isnt my colours :) will make another sometime in my colours although i think it would look ace in attic24 lucy colours :)

the pics dont realy do it justice but its after 10 at night in bad lighting with only a mobile phone to take pics with. lol

was thinking about adding it to ravelry as a pattern but not sure if its different enough

thanks for looking

post-14504-135897554009_thumb.jpg

post-14504-135897553995_thumb.jpg

post-14504-135897554006_thumb.jpg

I am not usually a fan of granny squares, and nor have I been impressed by the mobius cowls I have seen so far, but you have used the grannies in a very different and original way, and your mobius is has a nice, firm shape. In short, you have done a very good job, and I am sure lots of people (including myself) would love to see your pattern.

I am not usually a fan of granny squares, and nor have I been impressed by the mobius cowls I have seen so far, but you have used the grannies in a very different and original way, and your mobius is has a nice, firm shape. In short, you have done a very good job, and I am sure lots of people (including myself) would love to see your pattern.

bless you thank you for the compliment. :blush will get it written up in the next few days. i can see this as either a scarf or a wrap also if made the right length a hair band (but getting that length right would be tricky)

i wasnt sure if this had been done before so didnt want to post it till i checked :)

you made my day :day thanks :)

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually playing with the same idea, and I just couldn't find the right solution for it... Because you just can't crochet around in loops, it goes the wrong way! Obviously, here is thé solution :D

I was actually playing with the same idea, and I just couldn't find the right solution for it... Because you just can't crochet around in loops, it goes the wrong way! Obviously, here is thé solution :D

you mean the border?

once you have made the squares into the mobius loop, whereever you start your border from.....you will work around the entire piece both sides before finishing up where you started your border... in one continous circle.

i hope to make another one this next week and post on my blog how i made it :) its not hard noce you "get" it :)

Archived