Where do you keep your patterns?

I print most of mine off from the Internet, so I have a big 2" 3 ring binder. The front of the binder has a plastic cover, so I put the current pattern I'm doing there, so I don't constantly go through the pages.

I also put the patterns in page protectors so they don't tear or get wet (or chocolate on them).

What do you do?

I keep the patterns that I down load on a flash drive :laptop plus I print each one out. I have several binders :nbook that I have sorted into different categories. I have an index in front of each group of patterns that I update when I add new patterns. I usually add the patterns after I get a bunch of them printed out. I have a stack now that I have to sort and put into the binders. I will have to get additional binders because the current ones are getting full! I'm a patternholic! :loco

I keep books and booklets in a plastic tub.

The patterns I print out, I put in file folders in a clear plastic file box. I separate categories. When I get ready to use a pattern, I put it in a plastic page protector. Lately, I have been printing two copies. I think it is probably a waste of paper, but I don't have organized files on my computer. I mostly just bookmark patterns and sometimes when I get way too many bookmarks I just run through and start deleting. It's a very poor system indeed.

The problem I have is that I love organizing things I can handle, but I just can't seem to make myself organize my computer.

I keep my printed patterns from the internet in binders and keep all my books and binders on a bookshelf for easy access. I am in the process of reorganizing my stuff because I sorta made a big mess while I was looking for something :blush

I, also, use the plastic sheet protectors and notebooks for the patterns I print off the internet. The leaflets and magazines are sorted and stored in those plastic thingies you can find in the office section of Office Max or Walmart. They are inexpensive and keep the leaflets in good condition. It makes it easy to pull one off the shelf and search the patterns.

Plastic sheet protectors for patterns I have downloaded from the internet. The patterns then go into a large binder seperated into catagories. I keep duplicates on the computer. My pattern books are all on a shelf in my craft room

I have folders upon folders of patterns, labeled by type. I also have several loose-leaf binders filled, again labeled by type of pattern. Then I have large underbed clear storage boxes with the overflow. They are either on shelves in the basement or under the little bed in my littlest bedroom/guest/craft room.

I really think they take lessons from the balls of yarn that multiply and I seem to have more than the day before.

LI Roe

Patterns from online are stored on my computer, as well as a flash drive & external hard drive (I've lost files before so I take no chances!). Pattern books & magazines are on a bookshelf in our den. Magazines are in canvas baskets with the magazines in zip bags in chronological order with a photo copy of the contents page so I can see it. Printed patterns are in file boxes in folders arranged by what it is (ie - main folder: afghans, then folders for motifs, ripple, baby, etc). I got tired of the "gee, I know I had that pattern" system I used to use. :laughroll

Archived