EdgeryDoo Back To School Quilt

MarleenCrochets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Lilygirl115. The squares are joined with the same method that you would join a fully crocheted granny square. However, I do send my method that I use with the squares. You are basically making a fleece granny square and then you join them. I hope that helps.

Love your quilt! Think I need to put one of those EdgeryDoo's on my Birthday/Christmas list. I love my all crochet afghans but they have such pretty patterns in the fleece now (as you have shown!), I want to experiement a little! I think a big project bag done in this method would be great too.

• 2 weeks later...

The EdgeryDoo can be used on many different fabrics. The basic difference is that the original EdgeryDoo (triangle) and all of the squares were designed to be used on fleece and crochet with yarn so the holes are 1/2 inch apart and 3/8 inch from the edge. I have used it on towels also. Then we had Customers that wanted to crochet on flannel with thread and they needed the holes closer together and closer to the edge so we came up with the Flannel template. The holes are 1/4 inch apart and closer to the edge so you can crochet with thread. I have used that one on towels also that I want to crochet with thread or light yarn rather than worsted weight. You do have to hem the flannel because it does unravel but you never have to hem fleece. It doesn't unravel. I hope that helps.

Archived