Nice to be appreciated

So, I get an email from an old friend that she is in my area to meet her newly adopted baby! :clap

We get together for lunch (baby had to spend an extra day or two in the hospital but all is well now).

Later that night she sends me an email (here comes the crochet related part) mentioning that she and her husband still tuck in their older son (age 2 1/2) under the blanket I made when he was born and, if I am so inclined Elliot would like a blanket too! Hint Hint!

So I am about 1/4 of the way through a baby blanket for Elliot. It is nice to have my gifts so appreciated and well used.:manyheart

I'm sure that made your day! I know it's so nice to be appreciated. I've had both extremes - from the one person who never called or acknowledged a baby blanket and I had to find out from a relative whether she even received it, to another person who loved a baby blanket so much that she had a portrait made of her daughter in nothing but a diaper and holding the baby blanket. I carry that picture in my purse. It's such a great feeling to know you've created something that another person cherishes. I'm glad you were able to experience it for yourself! :hug:manyheart:hug

What a wonderful story. It's a great feeling to know something you made is so loved. I am glad you got to experience that feeling. That feeling gives you tingles from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet and warms your heart about a million times per second for all of eternity. It's great!!!!!

Archived