Pillowcase edge

Guest Crafterlady46

Question

Guest Crafterlady46

pillowcases.jpg

Larger image

I have working at this for a week. I finally gave myself a kick in the bottom and started to design again. The problem is I don't like the circle edge. It's sc all around. It's not even or thick enough. Any suggestions? I am happy with the rose and the trim. Crocheting in a cricle is real tricky.

11 answers to this question

Perhaps you'd like to finish it with the same edging at around the pillowcase, or maybe a shell border if you think that would be too much? It's very pretty btw. I even like the sc edging, really, but maybe you'd like it better in color instead of in white?

I think if it was mine I would try a yellow rnd like the rose, I would think I might try 1sc, picot, 2 sc, picot, 2sc, picot, 1 sc, I think any thing more would be to much The way it is inset. Just my opinon.

Guest Crafterlady46

I tried the yellow around the circle. It looked uneven. I think the white hides that but it still isn't right for some reason. I think it need more thread. I wish they made them precut. It would be a whole lot easier.

Guest Crafterlady46

Nah, that's someone elses design. Besides the material is already cut. Thanks for tring to help. I think I might finish it an call it a day. Next time I am going to sew it on top instead.

That is so awesome! I just love this kind of thing! I'll bet the circle crochet is tough, especially to get it to not pucker. I'm afraid I'd end up with a huge peak when I was done trying to accomplish that.

You truly are talented!

Guest Crafterlady46
That is so awesome! I just love this kind of thing! I'll bet the circle crochet is tough, especially to get it to not pucker. I'm afraid I'd end up with a huge peak when I was done trying to accomplish that.

You truly are talented!

Funny you should say that. It did pucker on me. I had a heck of a time with it. Took me awhile to figure it out. :think Putting something on the outside of a pillow case is real easy but putting it that hole...well that another story. :hook . I am thinking of making heart holes next time. I have made some pillow cases with pansies and roses on the edge. Their ok but tend to get a little tedious at times. It think it took 20 roses on each pillow case. I still have a lot of pillow cases to go through. I will be making them the rest of my life.

:cheer :cheer :cheer If you want the fabric cut out behind the crochet piece, just sew the crochet on to where you want it and cut the fabric out from behind. Just leave enough to turn under after nicking back to within 1/4 of an inch of the hole size and hand stitch.

Maybe try it out first on a scrap of fabric, it wont hurt the crochet, just tack it on instead of sewing on too firmly.

Have a look at Simply Quilts Hand Applique where there is sometimes info on insides of circles or other shapes.

Sounds simple but is probably a bit fiddly but would save you trying to fit a handmade piece of crochet into a ready-made hole.

Hope this helps.

Colleen:hug :hug :hug

Archived