Need your input!

diamond

Question

Here's the deal.....I'm making a shrug based on Mrs Who's schematics and the body is almost done. I've set it aside because once the body is done, I'm in a quandry as to how to do the ruffle around it. Not the ruffle itself, although I would like to know what most of you do for the ruffle, but my main dilema is what color. The body is done using 11 different colors of Microspun, one row at a time so it is striped. Should I continue this striping for the ruffle, you think? Or would it cause a problem to the eyes with the body going straight, then the ruffle going around? Am I making myself clear? Or should I do the ruffle in one color, but then wouldn't that look silly with all the different colored stripes then a solid ruffle? To get a better idea, think of Mrs. Weasley's sweater in the Harry Potter movie (although this won't look like that at all). Each row was a different color & different stitch but all you really saw were the sleeves. Confusion, confusion, confusion. Do you need a picture to understand what I'm talking about? It can be arranged.

13 answers to this question

I personally would probably choose one of the colors (a dark color most likely) and use that for the border. How wide is the border? If it is REALLY wide, then the striped effect might work, though, like you, I would be concerned about the "eye" problem.

You could just use a neutral colour like white. I think white would look nice with all those colours.

With the Microspun being so bright, I think white would clash big time with the other colors. But thanx for the input.

I would opt for maybe 3 of the 11 colors

Now that's something I haven't thought about it. It may just work. Make them wide stripes of 3-4 colors. I may just to sketch that out or just go for it! Thanx!!!

I personally would probably choose one of the colors (a dark color most likely) and use that for the border. How wide is the border? If it is REALLY wide, then the striped effect might work, though, like you, I would be concerned about the "eye" problem.

I was thinking along those lines too....maybe the coral or turquoise color. I'm not sure how wide the border/ruffle is. I'll have to see if Mrs Who mentions how wide to make it. Or maybe alternate the coral/turquoise and possibly 1 or 2 other colors.

I'd be worried about the stripes all going different directions as well .. of course the hypnosis factor might go really high that way as well :hook

*Scene begins at AC Moore*

You at register saying "These fun fur were marked down to 25c each roll"

Salesperson with eyes like saucers, mesmerized by the stripes and colors "Why yes, you are correct. In fact they are buy 1 get 5 free today."

hmm.. I might have to employ this method at some point ;):devil

Archived