3 Shawls

thetokenlady

At the age of 46, I finally got interested in stuff like fashion, and my style seems to include hats and shawls. The shawls got me back into crocheting, which led to finding this forum, so I thought I'd do a bit of show-and-tell.

This is the first thing I crocheted in about 15 years. I started with a loooong chain, then it was all single crochet on the back loop, with a row of double crochet every 6 rows and decreasing 1 on each end.

The whole thing:post-38953-135897536102_thumb.jpg

Closeup:post-38953-13589753611_thumb.jpg

Then I made a rectangular shawl using some Lion Brand Homespun, triple and single crochet. When I got done I didn't like the edges, they looked sloppy, so I got some "non-wrinkly" yarn is the same color and edged it.

post-38953-135897536113_thumb.jpg

The last is a butterfly wing shawl created by HollyM and posted here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4215

And here is my version: post-38953-135897536117_thumb.jpg

I like all of them.

I've been having a heck of a time getting the knack of shawls; maybe I should try like your 1st one. I'm thinking the sock yarn I've been stashing will work up good. Your fringe looks good, but I'm not big on fringe, would just need to come up w/ a diff edging.

Question, did you SC in back loop just on 1st row, or on all rows? & what weight is your yarn & what size hook?

Boy, you're gonna make me remember how I made it? lol, just kidding. I think it was on the back loop on all rows, you can see the stripes it makes. I made a chain and kept draping it across my shoulders until it seemed long enough and started single crocheting. I did a 1 st decrease at each end and just kept going until it wound up in a point.

It's worsted weight yarn, and I think it was an I hook. I did a small picot on the edges and added the fringe.

Hope that helped!

Archived