Hook Holder for my desk!

dhaunae

I've been wanting a pretty holder for my hooks to put on my desk, having them lying loose or in a pencil holder just wasn't working for me. I found this pattern on the net and it intrigued me, so I decided to try it in scrap yarn. I made a couple of changes to it, but I LOVE it! And if you're in the Autumn Secret Pal exchange ... don't make this, you may be getting one ;) Here are the pics:

HookHolder.jpg

A little closer view:

HookHolderCloser.jpg

You crochet a base with a series of tight coils, crochet an outer cover that's attached to the base, then slide the cardboard center from a spool of thread between the two, attach them at the top, do a little trimming, and presto. The hooks stand up so wonderfully between the coils that it's a pure pleasure to reach over and grab the hook I need, and this totally lends itself to all sorts of trim and variation. I made this one totally plain (aside from using two colors of yarn) but I intend to do one dripping with lacy ruffles for a friend, and I have one for my SP already planned out too. Watch out, SP!

I wondered about the holders ( I'm still new at the crocheting scene). I myself get tired of digging what hooks I do have out of my crochet bag. Great Job Lani

Great looking hook holder you have there! And a perfect thing to send to one's Secret Pal! Ooooh! I just might have to look into making this one!

:hugThanks for sharing!:hug

Archived