Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer 19 is better than none! (ok so i'm going thru saltine withdrawal :blush)

:lol I did those while working. So phone calls kept interrupting. Don't they know I have saltines to do? Plus my hands got sore. So I switched to putting my section together and I got one done! :clap

Michele ~ How are you coming along with your IC? :yarn

Well, I am up to 47 Saltines.. But I am confused. They all the from the same skein of yarn and I still have alot left. They are the 2 rounds and I have been leaving long end tails so can use them to sew them together. they are measuring about 2.5 inches and I am using a "G" hook. I am curious as to how many I will end up getting out of one skein.????

RHSS 7 oz....

I love ready this board. I check it SEVERAL times a day to see what is going in.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Michele

Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Val ~ 19 squares added! You're off to a great start. :cheer

Hi Michele! Not to worry. ;) Each skein comes out differently for me, too. I just finished a RHSS skein of Aran and made 61 squares...the one before that was about 50. :think (I leave about a 10" tail to join to the next square. )

Well, I am up to 47 Saltines.. But I am confused. They all the from the same skein of yarn and I still have alot left. They are the 2 rounds and I have been leaving long end tails so can use them to sew them together. they are measuring about 2.5 inches and I am using a "G" hook. I am curious as to how many I will end up getting out of one skein.????

RHSS 7 oz....

I love ready this board. I check it SEVERAL times a day to see what is going in.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Michele

You can expect to get between 48 and 60 squares from one 7 oz RHSS skein. I use the number 48 to calculate yarn needed. That seemed safest to me :lol

Ok.. Now I feel better... I ended on 62 saltines.:cheer Think I will switch colors for a change.. Yesterday I finished 2 of my"other" projects and I still have at least 2 or 3 to finish. Then I will need to decided what else I want to make for Christmas gifts.

You ladies are wonderful... Thanks for the insperation and motiviation.

Michele

Ok.. Now I feel better... I ended on 62 saltines.:cheer Think I will switch colors for a change.. Yesterday I finished 2 of my"other" projects and I still have at least 2 or 3 to finish. Then I will need to decided what else I want to make for Christmas gifts.

You ladies are wonderful... Thanks for the insperation and motiviation.

Michele

A word of advice: don't let the pile of unattached squares grow too huge before you start joining them together:P

A word of advice: don't let the pile of unattached squares grow too huge before you start joining them together:P

Oh yes, definitely don't do that :lol I did that with the very first one (Blackford's Beauty) and man did I regret it :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by judianne viewpost.gif

Oh yes, definitely don't do that :lol I did that with the very first one (Blackford's Beauty) and man did I regret it :lol

What if I do one skein of each color then start attaching?? I am glad you said something because waiting was what I planned on doing.. Everyone had the best advise!!

Michele

I noticed that the website has several patterns of yours posted in free patterns list. :yes (I bookmarked the site, great patterns! Thanks for sharing the link)

Cara your checked blanket is listed as the free pattern in The Daily Crocheter today

Quote:

Originally Posted by judianne viewpost.gif

What if I do one skein of each color then start attaching?? I am glad you said something because waiting was what I planned on doing.. Everyone had the best advise!!

Michele

depends on the pattern, IMO. If you are only using two colors it should work up fast, if not, I would make saltines of each color you need, attach them until you've almost used up your pile, then crochet again.

Hey guys! I don't know who's seen the Michael's ad today. Vanna's Choice here is $2 each. AND Lion is sponsoring a contest! I probably shouldn't share so that I have a better chance of winning :lol But I will. Check out www.vannaschoice.com for information.

Yep saw that about 2 this morning. I'm already making plans :hook

Mary 16 solids and 14 bi colours for me please :)

LB is coming along nicely. 6 rows done :D

Back to work for me to morrow :(

They're on the list, Denise! Congratulations on getting so much done this past week. :hook

Val, thanks for the heads up on the yarn sale...I think. :lol I sure don't need any more yarn right now, but Vanna's for $2.00 is hard to pass up.

15/25 blocks for the IC are joined now. :cheer Time to make more squares. :crocheting

They're on the list, Denise! Congratulations on getting so much done this past week. :hook

Val, thanks for the heads up on the yarn sale...I think. :lol I sure don't need any more yarn right now, but Vanna's for $2.00 is hard to pass up.

15/25 blocks for the IC are joined now. :cheer Time to make more squares. :crocheting

You're getting close Mary :cheer Yeah, $2 for Vanna's is the cheapest I've ever seen. :yes

Archived