Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Reporting in..... 30 solids and 10 bi-colored.

hi all - i have another 16 solids to add. i am not going to be doing many bi colors as i'm at the last stretch to finish the blanket. :D

Hi Cathy! Just making sure...does the 368 total include the 24? :think Thanks. :)

Mary,

No, they are all part of the Desert Star, the 368 is part of what is sewn together.

This is the biggest project that I have ever done, I think its awesome, I gotta get some batteries for my camera, The colors that Cara and Krystal picked for me, make you look at it.. Its supposed to go to my parents for christmas, might have a real hard time giving it up and especially not to ever see it again.

Your Ohio Star blocks? I love that... Very Very Nice.

Thanks,

Cathy

Hi Cathy~For now I'll record 368 solids, 24 solids and 16 bicolors. :think The squares don't have to be sewn together for you to report them. :D

Mary, 40 more solids for me please.:hook

Mary 38 solids and 4 bicolors thanks.

Squares are added, ladies. :hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Morning! I'll be back to catch up with you all, but this is a Single Irish Chain that is close to what I'm going to do. :hook

I was just looking at that :lol I've been looking at pictures and I think I'd like to do a double one. That way I can have cream as the "background" and two contrasting colors, one light and one dark of whichever I choose.

Our power was off during the night and for once I hadn't unplugged my laptop. My first thought this a.m. was "Oh I hope it didn't fry - I'll lose the Saltine scores." :lol So PLEASE everyone keep track of your scores, too. :manyheart

Okay, here are the updated totals. Let me know if I've made any mistakes. :yes

Friday, August 15, 2008

Mary (Skysmom) 1470

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1467

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1231

Linda M. (mizmo) 1173

Karen (econ-nerd) 705

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 674

Dusti (rii698) 607

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 571

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Cathy (crashcat07) 424

Heather (hseger) 345

Wendy (Aussie) *** 315

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 231

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Here is a great page with basic info. on Irish Chain patterns.

I have to get in the shower and go to the store. DH will be home this afternoon and it would be nice if there was some food in the house. :lol

I am just pretending I don't see all the "new" quilts. I am looking the other way, I don't need a new project. I don't need it. :no I am moving onto the next page.

C'mon... if I am doing one, you had better do one (more)! :devil

The problem is, it looks like I have just decided to do TWO.. :rofl

This, of course is a VERY long-term project! :lol

Here is a great page with basic info. on Irish Chain patterns.

I have to get in the shower and go to the store. DH will be home this afternoon and it would be nice if there was some food in the house. :lol

Oh excellent info page :yes

Mary, what a wonderful link! I bookmarked it....

K - the links you sent can't be opened....maybe that's a GOOD thing as far as I'm concerned??:D

K - I opened them...

That bright one, the tripple, is neat...you can use up all your scraps and then just get enough of the main color!

Whoever posted this link, shame on you! I see so many pretty ones that I want to do! I really like the Lonestar and could see doing that w/ the motifs from Coats and Clarks Prairie Star afghan. I also like David's Quilt, it'd be so easy to do as a scrap. Sha'ds Quilt looks like it has teeth on it.

it is so neat how we as crocheters have come up with a way to quilt like the sewers! i wanna do that irish quilting stuff now too :cry:

The only downside is we can't sew on the little shapes (the ones they do by "quilting") and we can't use fabrics w/ prints. Yes, we have varigated and ombres. But I mean like the flowers, etc. But that's ok, 'cause I think we have the better deal. Ours takes more creativity, we have to figure out how to convert it from a quilt to a crocheted afghan :lol

The only downside is we can't sew on the little shapes (the ones they do by "quilting") and we can't use fabrics w/ prints. Yes, we have varigated and ombres. But I mean like the flowers, etc. But that's ok, 'cause I think we have the better deal. Ours takes more creativity, we have to figure out how to convert it from a quilt to a crocheted afghan :lol

i was thinking of just making squares with flowers with granny babies and then granny daughters around:think i'm going to be working on a patter of that sort myself

i was thinking of just making squares with flowers with granny babies and then granny daughters around:think i'm going to be working on a patter of that sort myself

It sounds like a great idea! We'll be waiting to hear how it goes...and if you need any suggestions...well, the hardest part is shutting us up:lol:lol

Archived