Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Morning Linda -- sounds like you have a busy day planned.

and Mary- you WOULD have me fooled if you were ornery. You seem to be the most well-mannered one of us all . Kinda like our own Club Nun . You watch over all of us and smile kindly, but never a bad word crosses your keyboard .

Krystal- believe it or not, I was a MODEL CHILD .

Well-behaved,mannerly, straight A's .

Never got in trouble .

NO LIE .

And Mother Mary is watching over this as I write it .

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal- believe it or not, I was a MODEL CHILD .

Well-behaved,mannerly, straight A's .

Never got in trouble .

NO LIE .

And Mother Mary is watching over this as I write it .

:heehee:lol:rofl :rofl

Good morning Mary and Linda :hug:manyheart

Cara- doggone, why are you laughing ?

I am dead serious. I WAS a good kid, really good . My sister was the brat, I was the good kid. She got in trouble daily, I never did .

It was actually funny, even if I WOULD have done something wrong, she would've taken the heat, because she was always in trouble and I never was .

Well, Krystal-we got the cart before the horse here. I answered before you asked .

The bottle would actually do me some good somedays. Why I havent turned into the AA President by now, I have no clue .

If I DRANK, things wouldnt get me down like they do.

I wouldnt CARE who did what .

Thanks for the tip. I may DRINK my Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow.

Yea, I used to do that too, but decided it wasnt worth it to feel so bad constantly , so I have gradually reduced my diet to eliminate anything that :

1- looks good

2-smells good

3-tastes good

You get the picture .

Cream of Wheat is a big hit with me.

and oatmeal.

I bet my cholesterol level is 7 .

It's not hard to make. In fact you don't even have to put it in a pie crust if you don't want to. That's the way my Aunt Mary made it. We kids thought that she made it specially that way for us. It was years before I learned that she did it that way because she couldn't make a pie crust that turned out right. :lol It's a pumpkin custard. Wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it.

Wendy it's pretty easy to make. I buy the already made pie crusts and use the can pumpkin. It took maybe 10 minutes to prepare. (that was with 4 girls helping) and then it just cooks for about an hour. I also made some pumpkin bread today. It's just about done. I have one loaf of plain pumpkin bread and two loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. :drool Do you have canned pumpkin in Australia?

Linda

You are probably right, I probably would like it, I'm just not an adventurous eater . I eat the same old stuff day after day. I guess I like life to be ordinary with no new changes .

Kinda like an orangutang that has lived in the same cage his whole life.

He would get upset if they moved him to a new cage with different walls and gave him different food .

I thought you were going to say you had pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust. Can it be made that way ?

Wendy- yea, they have canned pumpkin here that has almost everything in it to make the pie -- I have used it before .. what else do you guys use to put in it, isn't it just evaporated milk and eggs ?

I can't even remember because I havent made one for quite a long time .

Julie - Pumpkin custard is actually really easy on the tummy. I have it when my stomach's upset. Yes, I'm that much in love with pumpkin I have it all year. Cranberry jelly too :yes Man is that stuff expensive in the off season :lol It's good on biscuits :drool

Back from the doc and boy was he in a sillier than usual mood today. Must be because they were on their last day for the week :lol He upped my meds and told me I really really needed to get house help. All the docs have been after me to get a maid for some time but that would really cut into my yarn budget. I think I'll just live with a little less clean house :lol

Howdy ladies.

I'm making pumpkin pie as we speak. I use canned pumpkin, the one you have to add everything to. I feel like it's more home made that way. I use frozen pie crusts so it's pretty simple, add a few spices, ev. milk and such and your on your way to a very yummy pie. :D

Archived