I'm kind of in a crochet block and have no idea what to make next. I'm not really wanting to tackle any big projects like blankets and I'm sick of making scarves lol. So anyone have any suggestions? I would love love love some links to free turtle patterns also. Thanks so much.

:turtle

Welcome Julia, from one turtle lover to another! There are many of us here that have turtles. Do you have any live ones? I have 1 turtle and 2 tortoises.

As for free patterns...there are TONS of turtle ones out there. Like Sheila said, crochet pattern central is great. There are a couple on Lionbrands website too. I have lots and lots of turtle patterns, so if you can give me more of an idea of what you want I can lead you in the right direction.

:turtle:vheart

Welcome Julia, from one turtle lover to another! There are many of us here that have turtles. Do you have any live ones? I have 1 turtle and 2 tortoises.

As for free patterns...there are TONS of turtle ones out there. Like Sheila said, crochet pattern central is great. There are a couple on Lionbrands website too. I have lots and lots of turtle patterns, so if you can give me more of an idea of what you want I can lead you in the right direction.

I did have one red ear slider, but sadly, it died from shock when I moved. I am moving again soon, and once I get settled it my new house I plan on getting some more. I am thinking about adopting, instead of buying from the store I did last time.

I have done the pattern on the lionbrand site. (It's the one in my picture.) I love making little amigurmi ones. I would love to try a purse or something like that, but I'm fairly new to crocheting so I don't quite know if I could make one of those yet.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Hmmm....little things.....well, you could make:

squares for a comfortghan, butterflies for the Houston Holocaust Museum, washrags or dishcloths as somebody else suggested, bookmarks, booties for a charity, a doily, a market bag or purse, a pair of socks, a pair of slippers, a small blanket or toys for your local humane society, or a scarf for a victim of abuse.

If anyone likes to make hats you can make them for "The Ship's Project" which sends them to our troops.

One 'ville member collects toys for her local hospital

You can freshen up your kitchen decor with Placemats, Hot Pads, Scrubbies, Fridgies

Maybe a nice set of coasters?

These are all great ideas. Thank you guys.

I finished my first fingerless glove and it just didn't look right. I don't quite have the sewing and weaving in the ends down, so that is probably why. Any tips?

If you want to make an easy bag try Inga's Haekelbeutel. The pattern can be found here. If you can make squares you can make this bag.

Apparently I don't have a pdf reader on my computer so I couldn't open it but thanks anyway.

I really want to get this pattern and make one.

http://www.planetjune.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26

Apparently I don't have a pdf reader on my computer so I couldn't open it but thanks anyway.

I really want to get this pattern and make one.

http://www.planetjune.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26

I just got that one the other day.

You can download a free version of Adobe's PDF reader.

I know!!! How about a Crochet Block! One that you could pick up whenever you loose your crpcjet mojo. I'd suggest small 2-3 inch squares of your best work to make up the sides, join and stuff to make a cube. WALLAH!!! A Crochet Block!

I know!!! How about a Crochet Block! One that you could pick up whenever you loose your crpcjet mojo. I'd suggest small 2-3 inch squares of your best work to make up the sides, join and stuff to make a cube. WALLAH!!! A Crochet Block!

Haha yeah. I joke with my math teacher all the time that I'm going to crochet him a rubix cube since he is obsessed with them.:lol

Where at? If you have one I would really love a turtle purse pattern.

This is the link for Adobe PDF reader. This is the only free turtle purse pattern I know of. The only other turtle purse I know of is my design, but its not free. Sorry.

This is the link for Adobe PDF reader. This is the only free turtle purse pattern I know of. The only other turtle purse I know of is my design, but its not free. Sorry.

Thank you so much. I love both of the patterns, and when I get some more money I just might buy your pattern. It is adorable!

Let me know how the other turtle pattern (the one I wanted to get) goes.

:mdust:turtle:cchip:mdust

I just came across this and thought of this thread....

http://www.kreinik.com/kshop/product.php?productid=123&cat=33&page=3

You'll need Adobe to read this pattern, too.

I have seen this pattern, and unfortunately it looks like it will be too hard for me...but I am storing it back for when I get better!

:mdust:turtle:cchip:mdust

Haha yeah. I joke with my math teacher all the time that I'm going to crochet him a rubix cube since he is obsessed with them.:lol

My kids showed me the website epicwinftw.com

There is a picture of a Braille Rubics Cube.

As for the Crochet Block ... I love it!

Archived