The Frappy Scrappy, Scrap ball

I just wanted to show everyone what i spent doing today!, I got sick of how disorganized my yarn boxe's were.. and I had no clue just how much yarn i had so I went thru the boxes i had yarn in.. various numbers in each box. so i managed to condence the boxes into 1 big box of the scanes of yarn i have more then 1 of, another with ones i have just 1 of. and a 3rd box with balls of yarn i had wound up who knows when that were bigger then a softball (useable for a hat). All the balls Tennis ball size and smaller. or any tangled skein that I thought would not make a SOftball,, I added to my Orange size Scrap ball, SO The Frappy Scrappy Scrap ball was born today!

Not sure if when I finish my Zig Zag afghan. and my Graph ghan I'll add any scraps from them to this.. or if I'll just start a new one. but here it is

Frappy Scrappy the Scrap yarn ball!

I included a pic of my 7 yr old little girl Hannah holding it so It can show how big I made it! lol,

post-31502-135897512084_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897512088_thumb.jpg

I love it! I do that sometimes, then use two strands from a scrapy ball and a white strand to make rugs. When my children were little I made a "magic rug" they used to sit on them to read and relax. Now that they are older, they put them at the feet of their bed.

now the delima? to wind more layers? or to keep it as it and start a scrappy blanket

as i have about 20 small balls of yarn that will make a few Granny squares for my NICU baby ghans my crochet group is making, and i know there will be some left that won't make another square.. so Should i just add to it? or start new? hmmmm decisions decisions decisions.

Edit: by the way. lol MY HANDS ACHE from all this winding LOL

Wow! -It looks like you had a ball today, Ann! :lol

Hmm, Nice texture...good symmetry...Beautifully done!!

Wow! That's quite a ball. Did you tie the ends together as you went, or just wrap the next color separately?

That's a good question, basjordan. I would like to know that myself. You see as I make my hats and scarves for my church's clothes closet I am ending up with little itty bitty bits of yarn. Not enough yarn to make even one row. But if it was put together with other itty bitty bits of yarn it would be enough to make something. The question is - Would it be better to tie the ends together while making the ball? Or just wrap each itty bitty piece into a ball without tying any ends? Can anyone (including annmcc) answer this for me.:think:think :manyheart:manyheart

I tied the ends leaving enough to weave in,

Next time i make a frappy scrappy I'm going to attempt the russian join. but I have decided to give Frappy Scappy so0me more room to grow, and mabey I'll have enough to make more then one scrappy gahn, ,

my kids think I should roll it on the floor and let our cats attack it .. i told them YEa rite then who's gonna clean up the mess after they unravel it thru our hole house!

That's a good question, basjordan. I would like to know that myself. You see as I make my hats and scarves for my church's clothes closet I am ending up with little itty bitty bits of yarn. Not enough yarn to make even one row. But if it was put together with other itty bitty bits of yarn it would be enough to make something. The question is - Would it be better to tie the ends together while making the ball? Or just wrap each itty bitty piece into a ball without tying any ends? Can anyone (including annmcc) answer this for me.:think:think :manyheart:manyheart

have you considered yoyo's? http://priscillascrochet.net/freepatterns.html listed here under yoyo afghans?

I tied the ends leaving enough to weave in,

Next time i make a frappy scrappy I'm going to attempt the russian join. but I have decided to give Frappy Scappy so0me more room to grow, and mabey I'll have enough to make more then one scrappy gahn, ,

my kids think I should roll it on the floor and let our cats attack it .. i told them YEa rite then who's gonna clean up the mess after they unravel it thru our hole house!

whats a russian join please? ive been tying ends together leaving enough to weave in after the fact. i plan on double stranding my ball with a white or a black for uniformity :).....when i get that far lol

your welcome, I've yet to try it as I'm a very impatient person, I hate waiting for things,

I drive the family nuts when i order stuff online and I sit there and watch the tracking in my email and yell HURRY UP ALREADY YOUR IN TOWN> JUST BRING ME MY STUFF!~

I added another bit of yarn last night to Frappy, I found a small amount of yarn in a bag in my bathroom, no clue how it got in there. but None the less it's been added.

Archived