Whatever happened to bed dolls?

I'm working on a bed doll using a half doll I picked up at Michaels. I tried to research them and find others to work on after I finish this one. I am totally enjoying the learning experience!!

My question: What happened to bed dolls? Is this part of crochet this old fashioned that no one does it anymore?

Any thoughts?

I Love bed dolls, I haven't made any in years, but want to make one soon. I have some OLD workbasket mags that have some patterns in them and also Annies Attic had some a few years back, I think you can still find the patterns for sale on Amazon..... I want to make mine in size 10 thread instead of yarn...please show a picture of yours...

Have you tried freepatterns.com, e-pattern.com or even Crochet pattern Central?

They are just a few. Infact, there is one on e-pattern.com that I have made several times.

I would love to see your doll when it is done.:hook

I haven't seen the one on e-pattern.com. I will check it out. Thanks!

The topic is empty at Crochetpatterncentral ( my most favorite spot, ever). I'll have to set up a way to pay on Ebay and start getting patterns from there.

Have you posted pictures of yours? I love looking at pictures of bed dolls too!! That is almost as fun as making them!!

There are still some of us who do them:) I am not sure about others but Tampa Doll does a lot of dolls:) I haven't used the half body dolls lately but in the past I have done a few. The last ones I did were patterns from annie's attic, which reminds me I need to start on another one as it has been awhile:)

If you look in the show and tell section and click on dolls you can just look at all the photos or put in a search for bed dolls.

Look forward to seeing yours:)

I personally love bed dolls but have never made on I do have one my Grandmother made years ago that is put away from age but I used to love to put her on the headboard or across the bed. Maybe some day I will make another one or pay someone to make one for me.

I had a bed doll streak in the 90's. I did dozens of them. But I ran out of people to give them to. There was a nice series of pattern pamphlets put out by Leisure Arts and Annie's Attic even had a club that sent out patterns every month. You can find them on ebay most of the time. I love the beautiful full and ruffly dresses. Now you are making me wistful about crocheting doll dresses. I have 2 granddaughters now, maybe it is time to revive the bed dolls!

Archived