ARRGHHHH

swapnae

Usually all crochet products are knitted in white thread but this piece in black sets a different style.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Hmmmm... I didn't know that all crochet products are knitted... :think

I know it can be frustrating, but you have to realize that people use generalizations for everything. It's not done out of spite or to hurt (in most cases lol), they just don't think about it.

You know what I also didn't think about?

Usually all crochet products are knitted in white thread

Ummm ... okay, lol! They must not be very fiber arts savvy. :D

They are mass produce by people, Crochet is not machine made,

If they can sell it that cheap think what they are paying those people.

I refuse to buy any crocheted items in stores (especially places like walmart) because of that very issue (not to mention I could make it myself!!).

Yes, if I want anything crocheted, I make it myself!

Furthermore, I work with a rainbow of colors of thread, and I very rarely work in white. (Because I can't keep white white, if you must know! :))

Guest Crafterlady46

Good Heavens I use every color under the sun :sun and then some. I think the only thing I would change on the black doily would be to add some nice red or white roses with green leaves. It would give it a whole different look. I might try using the black thread. Poor girl probably doesn't get the meaning of our words. Heck I get confused with our words. Shabby Chic...what is that? Unless a person understands american slang...they would not understand it in some of the other countries. On the other hand it was a little :) funny to knit a crocheted doily. I hope to see some black doilies on ebay. Personally I think they would do well.

I hope to see some black doilies on ebay. Personally I think they would do well.

I have the Ultimate Doily book and while all the doilies are shown in white or ecru I made one in black and it was stunning! I gave it to one of my sisters for Christmas--she was the only one I thought had the style to appreciate a black doily. She loved it.

Guest Crafterlady46

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. :( I like black doilies. Or should I say dark doilies. I like all color doilies. I am not fussy with color. I am color blind. I would not know blue from black. Or red from pink. Yellow from orange. My husband picks my colors and I read what types others use. :) I know orchid pink is common and light blues. There are a lot of different shades of blue in thread. Three of four...maybe more. I use a lot of reds and pink but not french pink. It doesn't sell good for me. Pastels are good. Most of what I use are standard colors. Red, green, yellow, navy...It's easier for me. I don't know why more people don't make the darker color doilies. I think they would look great anywhere. I would hang one on my wall. My walls in here are bare. I have one thing on my wall. "The light switch" :blush I would have liked to seen your doily.

Try buying something that isn't made in another country with cheap labor, clothes, tools, toys, you name it. I used to see hand made items from other countries and feel bad about the conditions under which they were made. Now, I would have to avoid most merchandise in most stores, especially WalMart. The only reason we still notice the hand made items is because the price of this category of goods is still depressed in comparison to other foreign goods simply because it isn't manufactured but is mostly a cottage industry affair. We have opened up our markets to the world but have not bothered to try to elevate the working conditions elsewhere. Now we have to compete with the world on their terms. The wages for this neglect will be paid for by our children.

I'll retire from my soapbox now as I enjoy crochet too much to let world conditions start to creep into this haven.

EugeneClarence

Archived