Arghhh!!!! Frogged 35,000 times

I have frogged this project 35,000 times (ok that's an exaggeration) but it has been at least 7. I took a snow day yesterday and was happy I could work solidly on my project only to come to find that I think the pattern is wrong and I will not have enough yarn! I'm about ready to say forget it and I'll use this yarn for something else. Then I thought it I was using the wrong hook, I've double checked everything a thousand times and I still come to the same conclusion.

The pattern is called Claudia's Hand Shrawl from the book Crochet Squared by Marsha A. Polk. I bought the amount of yardage she called for, except it says to make 2 and I only have enough for one. I think it's a misprint.

Arghh! Very Frustrating.

I did make this from the same book and it came out very well.

post-33091-135897503688_thumb.jpg

On second thought, after doing some research. I substituted one of the yarns and maybe that's where the trouble is.

:lol Well, at least you got your rant out! Believe me, I've been there...

Thanks for letting me rant and yes, I did that, I put it down and decided to work on a simple baby blanket that I'm making...for...I don't know what baby, but it's coming out nice, I may take some embellishing liberties in the end. I seem to always want to finish differently than the pattern suggests.

Rene

ok I have to ask... I know what frogged is...but what does frog stand for??? :D:

We call it frogged because of the sound a "frog" makes ribbit, ribbit only we rip it rip it meaning we rip out the stitches. :)

It's surprising how often there ARE mistakes and misprints in patterns. Also parts of patterns that are left out. I used to think patterns absolutely MUST be correct if someone published them, but I've discovered otherwise.

I think we would be better off if the magazines would just publish the pattern as written. I just finished a doily in Crochet World, designed by our own Katchkan, that at one point seemed to be directing me to make a flower that didn't look like the photo. I PM'd her, she sent me the words she'd submitted to the magazine for the flower part, and CW had COMPLETELY rewritten it - and screwed it up. Amazing.

I've been practicing and trying to familiarize myself with an afghan pattern I'm starting soon. I had one round I was totally convinced was misprinted....I worked it twice, wrote the instructions out by hand...still convinced the pattern was wrong.:think

Turned out it was my interpretation.:blush

Since I'm not too experienced with reading patterns, I might never know the difference.

Speaking of missprints and stuff left out, I checked out Michael's Book of Needlecrafts out of my library. I want to make the backpack pattern on page 130, but it doesn't say what size hook to use and I am not blessed with the gift of being able to tell from the picture. There is also no mention of gauge. The patter calls for Lion Brand Wool Ease yarn. Does anybody know where I can find out what size hook to use for this pattern?

Archived