Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

Jude

Those doggies are pretty .Are they like lassies ?

The policeman was a really young guy and real polite . I bet he wishes it was all on film ,he woulda got lots of chuckles out of it back at the police station .

Miniature lassies...very small, and very, very bright dogs.

...Jules...I'm sure your story was told and retold in the station house!:lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it sounds like you've been a pet owner for a long time. did you have pets when you were little too ?

I probably WAS quite the laugh for awhile in that town. It's a fairly large town in our area, much fancier and richer, so they would have thought it quite funny,especially from us Hillbilly Yokels down this way .

Yes, it sounds like you've been a pet owner for a long time. did you have pets when you were little too ?

No pets till a cat when I was in high school...except I do remember having a puppy when I was very young - and briefly - must have gone back to the pound. My mom couldn't have handled it with us 4 kids and my dad's "issues"

Thanks Julie and Cindy! She got her shawl today. She was so surprised and she loves it! She opened it just before we left for are luncheon.

I know i'll make another one but not sure when. I want one myself. It really is easy. I double checked my work with the pictures that are with the pattern. They really helped. I did find a mistake I made.

Maybe if you guys decide to make one sometime we could do them together.

Marlene,

If we ever did one together, you'd have to be the leader for it. I think Cindy mentioned trying it before, I know I tried it several times. I don't know what it is about it, but I get so mixed up everytime I try that pattern .

It is beautiful,but I just cannot for the life of me figure it out . I start out ok, but always get mixed up .

I'm glad she liked it, though-- it does make a beautiful shawl !

Ahoy, Maties!!

I had not touched this project since the start of the Crochet Games. Finally last night I finished another square and started another. Since the games are over now and I have also finished a couple of charity projects, I am now back to this project. Aarrggghh, maties, me be a-planning to finish this in the new 2 or 3 weeks. :hook

How is everyone else coming along ??

Ahoy there Debbie

I think lots of the ladies may have completed this, but there are still a few working on theirs ,so you should still have a few people in here with you .

Keep on crocheting those squares,and you'll soon have it complete. It is really a pretty fast moving project ,so it won't take too long to have it done .

Keep on going Sheila- you'll make it !

Sounds like you are going with the traditional food of the holiday ! I just make the same old stuff I always make . We're pretty crotchety and set in our ways here and never do anything out of the ordinary . We have a boring life, but I LIKE boring . Too much stuff going on makes me a nervous wreck .

:lol here is my slow progress..I took the first square ripped it out of the way I had it whipped stitched and added blue yarn that I am going to trim in instead

very pretty!!!

JULES- everytime I look at my Jackson monster ghan...I want to make it bigger: bedspread size . Ifigure I'd have to make another 60 squares to do that....maybe over time. I can make another whole ghan, attach it to the brown border and it'll look planned, with the brown stripe down the middle:lol

I think I'm losing it...being without electricity since saturday has gotten to me...

Okay - no more negativity. Hopefully the next time I post it'll be from HOME!

Jude

Well, the good thing regarding this pattern is that you could always add onto it later if you decide to do that, or even make a scrap-ghan -- just make squares once in awhile and pile them up, then when you get more, you can add them on .

I know you must be getting real tired of no electric . I've been thinking of you guys everyday over there. Sure hope they get on the stick and get things repaired soon .

Archived