Crocodile shawl

Catzorz

Thanks to the crocetville forums, I've learned the crocodile stitch! Originally I didn't want to replicate a shawl that I first saw on Etsy, I just wanted to learn this new and interesting stitch! A friend of mine caught wind of this shawl and demanded one, so here I am! You can see some photos on my blog (which I've just started getting into) http://catzorzz.blogspot.com

I'm thinking of writing a pattern for this when I'm done with the shawl and sharing it on my blog!

When i clicked your blog link a blogger warning came up and it says that your blog only contains material suitable for adults. Is this an error? if not could you post a picture attachment here on the ville so that I don't have to view content I may prefer not too.

Thank you

OH!! where did you find the directions for the stitch?? i'd tried finding it, but w/ no luck. it's a unique stitch, from what i've seen.

and please write the pattern for your shawl. it's so nice and i help make shawls for the nursing home and would like to use it.

Sandy

Thanks for all the replies! I think my blogger automatically SAYS that there is material unsuitable, but I dont post any randy pictures =p I can try to figure out if I can get taken off through the settings. I do plan to post a pattern as soon as possible! Please don't mind the dog slobber on the bed. Poor puppy has a cold =[

Pics for your viewing pleasure!

morestuff003.jpg

Close up of stitch

morestuff004.jpg

http://www.crochetroo.blogspot.com It's in the May 2006 post! I posted this somewhere else, but can't find it right now. Cupcake (Susan) posted it quite sometime ago as a free pattern, and I've never seen anything else like it until it showed up on some of the etsy sites........Big Shout out to Susan/cupcake..THANK YOU!!!

Catzorc, your posting caught my attention. I hadn’t heard of a crocodile stitch, which isn’t all that odd, there are lots of things I haven’t heard of. Just a few moments ago while bouncing back and forth between pages on my computer there was a mention of Delta Crochet, I have no idea what that is either. I’m doing a search on another window right now. But, back to the crocodile stitch; I went to your blog and as I was scrolling down the entries I got to a beautiful grey shawl. Is that the aforementioned stitch? If it is where did you learn it, and what is the yarn. Even if that isn’t the croc stitch, I still want to know about the stitch and yarn. I don’t think I would have ever thought of using grey, but your shawl just jumped off the page and yelled at me. So here goes another search. Grey was exactly the right color, and I’m impressed. Bravo lady, your work is exceptional.

John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

Archived