Next project?

I haven't crocheted anything recently. With a family vacation, the holidays and everything else that hit in December I haven't had the time or desire to make anything. I thought now with the new year there isn't a better way to start it than with a crochet hook. The only thing is I don't know what to make. I thought maybe a christening dress to send to fair, a nice shawl or afghan. I don't have much of a stash so I need to decide quickly if I am going to start anything. Then I can go dig out the car (its still covered in snow) and get to the yarn store before it closes. But hey I can always go tomorrow too right!

Whenever I need inspiration I look at the show and tell forums here at Crochetville, or browse patterns on Crochet Pattern Central. There's a lot of gorgeous stuff out there. Also, looking at other's work often gets me in the mood to design, my favorite part of crocheting.

:manyheartI thumb through a bunch of magazines if I don't know what to make. Sometimes, something will catch my eye and I'll make it.

And we all go through spells where nothing really appeals. Just a fact of life.

Have a nice trip.

:manyheart

Oh... yes.... with our weather the way it is right now... a scarf/hat/mitten set for yourself would be perfect to get you going! :hook

:heart

:mug

How about a Prayer Shawl for someone in need? They do not require a ton of yarn and someone will be blessed with your kind gift.

Thank you ladies for you support. Right before all this snow hit I made the whole family hats and scarves so I decided to make a christening dress. Thread is not very expensive and it is the type of project that will take awhile to complete. I will send it to fair when it is done and then to our church auction in November. I just love the delecate look of these dresses when they are finished and there are so many great patterns to try. I am using a christening dress pattern from the annies attic free pattern of the day back when they used to do them.

Happy Crocheting to all!!

Thank you ladies for you support. Right before all this snow hit I made the whole family hats and scarves so I decided to make a christening dress. Thread is not very expensive and it is the type of project that will take awhile to complete. I will send it to fair when it is done and then to our church auction in November. I just love the delecate look of these dresses when they are finished and there are so many great patterns to try. I am using a christening dress pattern from the annies attic free pattern of the day back when they used to do them.

Happy Crocheting to all!!

What a great idea! It will take a while to complete, and it will go to a good cause. That is terrific.

:manyheart

Hi!! Happy New Year!! You do such a beautiful job, I'm your the gown will come out really nicely! I hear you, about the snow. Clearing our driveway is exhausting, and driving in it is no fun, but other than that, the snow is really pretty when it's falling and everything is freshly covered white.

I've been thinking the same thing about what project to start, and just signed up for Kim's Tunisian crochet class! It starts tomorrow so I'm really excited.

Archived