Traveling with steel hook

I have traveled recently with my Clover Soft Touch Thread hooks and also a steel hook - I just put them in my purse and go - they have never said anything at security.

I have done international traveling, so I have gone through a lot of check points. I always put my hooks in the middle of a ball of yarn or WIP, so it's kinda hidden. I don't know if I would want to travel with a stash of them in a case or something, though. I had a great pair of wire cutters taken from me, one time, because they were considered a weapon.

I have done international traveling, so I have gone through a lot of check points. I always put my hooks in the middle of a ball of yarn or WIP, so it's kinda hidden. I don't know if I would want to travel with a stash of them in a case or something, though. I had a great pair of wire cutters taken from me, one time, because they were considered a weapon.

LOL.. you cant hide it from x-rays.

I always carry my hooks on the planes. Never had a problem yet.

I asked security at 3 different airports about this issue.

They all told me it is ok to take crochet hooks on the plane but not knitting needles.

My opinion only- I like the idea of putting the hook inside the yarn. This way they see it is not "accessible" as a weapon. It is not that it is being "hidden" or that xray can't find it - it is also about not losing it.

Funny tho: My crochet hook went thru security checks, but the Security Guard took away my brand new wand of mascara!!!!!

Go figure!!!!!!!!

LOL.. you cant hide it from x-rays.

I always carry my hooks on the planes. Never had a problem yet.

Ha ha. You're right. What I was talking was more that it was obviously being used for a project. This was also during the time when it was REALLY difficult to get on the planes with anything. I had to go through the most body searches from women and MEN :eek.

Archived