fiction crochet books

countrymom1

There is an ADvertisement I just saw this week for a new crochet mystery series.. Was in a magazine... Annie's Attic product.... Bah I will have to go looking again and see if I can find it.

Found it, it is in January's Crochet World magazine page 51. It says its a mystery series exclusively for crochet lovers. It's a free 21 day trial of book one that is called Lady in the Attic by Tara Randal. So you can mail in the thing from the magazine. I haven't found any other source online for it yet.

There is an ADvertisement I just saw this week for a new crochet mystery series.. Was in a magazine... Annie's Attic product.... Bah I will have to go looking again and see if I can find it.

Found it, it is in January's Crochet World magazine page 51. It says its a mystery series exclusively for crochet lovers. It's a free 21 day trial of book one that is called Lady in the Attic by Tara Randal. So you can mail in the thing from the magazine. I haven't found any other source online for it yet.

Thank you ill be getting the mag probably fri.

I'd heard of this but didn't realise it was anything other than a book which just mentions crochet here and there. It sounds like fun, and I really like the cabled hat pattern - will have to check this out!

I've recently been reading some books by Barbara Delinsky. They are regular type womens/family stories, well written and thoughtful. Some of them make a lot of reference to different yarns, knitting, the joy/therapy/fascination of craftwork. Not seen anything in them specifically crochet-related though. "Family Tree" is one of her books with a lot of yarn stuff.

Funny thing is, I was so snowed under with crochet projects, that when I did have a chance to read, I wanted to escape my craft (unusually). So I was groaning every time I came across a long spiel about yarn/craft etc.! Bad timing I guess, I would love that sort of thing generally.

I know you're looking for crochet and wish I could help. I only know of the ones mentioned.

There are some knitting ones by Debbie McComber that I like. She mentions yarn a lot since the main character is a yarn shop owner. So that makes it nice. "The shop on Blossom Street' is the first in the series.

• 1 month later...

I just finished reading Hooked on Murder by Betty Hechtman. It was a very easy read. To me it did seem to drag just a little, but was definately crochet related. Pattern in back for granny square dishcloth. I have 2 other books (checked out from local library) by this author that I will be starting soon. Liked the Blossom Street books by Debbie Macomber better even though they were knitting related instead of crochet. Just my opinion. Like to here what others think.

Hi all;

Not sure if any of you are familiar with Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series. It starts with "Shop Around the Corner" and features knitting as the background for the stories involving people who live in the community. The main character of the first book has a sister who prefers crochet but Debbie Macomber is a knitter and knitting takes the main stage in these books. Still fiber art related and very entertaining books with colorful characters. I've read them all and am waiting for the next one.

#12. Betty Hechtman: A Stitch in Crime

Her latest! Molly is suddenly given the responsibility for running an annual retreat that she's never been to. And, of course, when the body is found on the beach, and everyone else thinks it's an accident, she thinks murder!

She does some good detecting in this one. And there are some interesting adjustments in relationships, and a few interesting revelations, too.

oops, sorta the wrong place for this, thought it was the 2010 reading challenge thread!

Archived