in time for Christmas??

eyrthmother1

Sorry Sandy. I think I just let you into my head. I had a gift card for Michaels and just bought some of the yarn for the peace sign 'ghan :rofl What am I thinking????? I bought RHSS in Monet and some coordinating solid purple. I think I'd put some light turquoise in with that :dreaming What have I done???:eek

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Sandy. I think I just let you into my head. I had a gift card for Michaels and just bought some of the yarn for the peace sign 'ghan :rofl What am I thinking????? I bought RHSS in Monet and some coordinating solid purple. I think I'd put some light turquoise in with that :dreaming What have I done???:eek

lol. you have gotten yourself a new wim/wip/pig is what you have done :D the colors sound like they will be very pretty together, when are you planning to start on it?

and when it comes to crochet, doesn't take much to take me "to the dark side"...

Sandy

• 2 months later...

YAY!!!! the patterns have been reposted of those who were interested but looked after she had removed them. the peace would be good for so many reasons, the heart also as a wedding gift, anniversary, etc. and others also for manyn reasons. let's get hookin' folks. :D

Sandy

I'm going to join in, but don't know when I'll start, or what colors to use, or how many designs to use! I like eyrthmother's idea of doing some w/o picture. Anyone know how many squares can be gotten from 1 skein? Anyone made any progress? Also a couple of people mentioned using burgundy and I like that idea.

So.......I would really like to do this but my mind is boggled as to "how". Wonder how far along I'll be by this Christmas. :lol

oh - someone also mentioned doing a lapghan size, maybe I'll aim for that.

That is great news that they are available again!

I am about half done a lapghan sized Christmas sampler in Burgundy and Forest Green. I joined the 10 I have made but I'm not crazy about the joining so I'm going to redo that. I'll post pics of my progress next time I get a chance to work on it! I'm using the tree, the wreath, the mittens and the candy canes.

bailey - I'll be able to answer your questions about how much out of skein when I pull it out and work on it again. Sorry I'm too busy today.

bailey - I am doing a tiny little one, more a decoration than a ghan. It will be 4 squares by 5 squares, so I figure it will be about 32 inches by 40 inches. I have an old pew bench in my front hall and this will dress it up for Christmas. I have 10 squares done.

I am doing this on the cheap, using Phentex yarn in 1 3/4 oz balls. I am getting 2 and 1/3 squares of the main square colour out of each ball, so you really can get a lot done with a little bit of yarn.

I ripped out my joining as it was puckering and I've taken pictures of each. These are dark green and burgundy with an aran edging. The aran kind of blends into the white background but the trees, etc. really punch.

post-12231-13589751052_thumb.jpg

post-12231-135897510527_thumb.jpg

post-12231-13589751053_thumb.jpg

post-12231-135897510534_thumb.jpg

Colleen, your squares look so pretty! 32" by 40" seems like a good size for a lapghan. I think that is what I'll aim for - when I figure out what colors, what designs. I see you picked the designs I had been thinking of. So far I've only printed out the tree and the candy cane. I should do the rest before the patterns aren't available again.

I'm not familiar with Phentex yarn. Will have to look it up, don't know if Hobby Lobby carries it or not. ILTY will probably be the choice I'll have.

very pretty, colleen. great job. what joining method were you using w/ them?

i need to start back on mine; but, have been taking a knitting class and had "homework" in it that was taking priority since i was/am paying for the class.

sandy

As some of you already know :lol, I have been MIA from the ville for a couple of months due to a move and other life issues that have seriously cut into my :crocheting. BUT, I am beginning to get all of my :yarn, patterns and :chooks unpacked so that I can start on my projects again. I am still planning to do this as I have a few squares already made. Just got to locate them.

The squares that I have made are the mitten pattern. I used a shade of burgundy and so far they have turned out nicely. I have not tried to join them yet but will eventually get around to that.

:cheer:clap:yayLove your squares Colleen. They look great. TYFS your :photo with us.

i spoke to her, via email, didnt ask about the reposting, but she did mention them. she had them all on 1 page, and is trying to figuire out how to repost them individually so they can be linked from cpc (if i understood fully... it's a bit late for my brain..lol). :D

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

awsome jobe bailey. mine is on hold for the moment due to making a comfortghan for 1 of my clients. her husband has been diagnosed w/ pancreatic cancer. i have about 7 of the squares done for it currently. You keep going though, cuz you are doing good w/ yours and i can't wait to see it. what colors are you using for them??

sandy

sandy - I'm using burgundy and dark sage. I've thought of using a third color but as a lapghan there are less squares to work with colorwise. So may just stick with two colors. Unless someone has some design ideas. How are you doing yours?

I haven't decided yet on a color for the edging.

bailey

Archived