in time for Christmas??

eyrthmother1

sounds pretty. the third color could be the border or for joining, would that work?

im currently doing a comfort ghan for my client, and have about 8 1/2 squares done. hopefully i can get back to it soon though. keep hooking on yours though.

Sandy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what I was thinking too - two different colors for the squares, another color for the edging, joining, border. (I meant I couldn't think how, to my liking, to work in a third color for the squares.)

Have a little more done, am ready to start on fourth heart square.

• 3 months later...

Update..........all the squares needed for the lapghan have been done for quite some time. I still have the edging to do on each and then the putting together. Am not looking forward to doing; afraid I won't be able to do it to my liking! So of course have been doing other projects instead.

Anyone else still working on this as a project?

bailey

i had to put it aside to make a few comfortghans. I will go back to it, just a managing of time issues. not sure how you were planning to connect them, but since you have a border and connection left, have you thought of the continual join methods?? then you could do both at once, no whipstitching, and many seem to like it better for joining.

Sandy

Update..........all the squares needed for the lapghan have been done for quite some time. I still have the edging to do on each and then the putting together. Am not looking forward to doing; afraid I won't be able to do it to my liking! So of course have been doing other projects instead.

Anyone else still working on this as a project?

bailey

i had to put it aside to make a few comfortghans. I will go back to it, just a managing of time issues. not sure how you were planning to connect them, but since you have a border and connection left, have you thought of the continual join methods?? then you could do both at once, no whipstitching, and many seem to like it better for joining.

Sandy

I don't know how I'm going to join because I haven't done it before - which is probably why I am procrastinating. I'll have to research the continual join methods. Hopefully I am going to get this finished by Christmas!! bailey

there are several tutorials out there, some written and some on youtube. I posted one group of photos HERE that show how 1 version of the join can look. it goes quickly, lot quicker than whipstitching. Good luck :)

• 1 year later...

ok did anyone finish one of these??? I had all the squares done and the edging on each, long ago. For a lapghan size. Put all the squres in a bag and put the bag out of sight. I've just dug it out again - hmmmm. Have thoughts of putting the squares together and having the project finished.

Archived