Make Your Own Bed Mats

I too watched the entire video. WOW... that is great!! I've seen plarn being made and used for reusable shopping bags, purses, etc. but to use it this way is amazing.

God bless these people for doing such a wonderful project!!!!!

Hmmmm.....I'm thinking that if I start one of these, and just add to it when we have extra bags, maybe I could make one to give out when the homeless people start standing at intersections in the winter. I probably wouldn't get one done for this winter, but maybe I could manage one or two by next winter....I usually take our bags to be recycled, but this is a good cause and the handles can still be recycled. I like to have things in the car to give to the homeless people - not just money. Little bags of snacks, etc. Once I had a tin of Christmas cookies leftover from an office Christmas party and I gave them to a man on the side of the road. He looked like he was going to cry....he told me they were the same cookies his mother used to make. :manyheart

Yes, I think this is a very worthy cause, and if I just do a little at a time, it would be doable. Thank you for sharing this video! I would never have thought to use plarn like this.

What a great video!

It made me think about how many times I've been camping and awakened to a flat air mattress under me. Talk about body pain!

These mats could be made for all kinds of circumstances where you have to be on the ground ~ camp mats, beach mats, how about pet mats? Play mats for the kids when they are little?

I thought these would be good for my husband to use when he needs to get under our vehicles to do repair. As to pets, I would be afraid they would chew on them and ingest plastic-not a good thing. I also wondered if they made crinkly sounds when you lay on them. Now if I could just find someone to make one so that I could test it....LOL.

These mats could be made for all kinds of circumstances where you have to be on the ground ~ camp mats, beach mats, how about pet mats? Play mats for the kids when they are little?

I agree that pet mats isn't a good idea, but I think they'd be great for backpackers. I used to do some backpacking, and as long as they work up to be not too heavy, they'd be ideal to put under a sleeping bag. :yes

I have made several totes out of plarn. Cutting the bags to have enough plarn for one of them takes a lot of time. A project like this really requires a team effort. I'm not sure they would make good beach mats as the combination of the heat and the plastic might make them a little sweaty. But this beats newspapers for the homeless.

Archived