free pattern Bargello afghan

I got the Talking Crochet newsletter today and it featured this pattern http://www.crochet-world.com/newsletters.php?mode=issue&issue_id=53&department_id=7'>http://www.crochet-world.com/newsletters.php?mode=issue&issue_id=53&department_id=7

a good photo of the stitches here http://www.crochet-world.com/newsletters.php you can enlarge it by clicking on it. looks to me like this is upside down to the way it would have been worked.

this is a very interesting stitch pattern to me, it appears you work some stitches sideways like block stitch.

anyway just thought people might like to see it:hook

Thanks for posting the link ~ I love it! What a good scrap ghan pattern! Not sure I understand the striping pattern that they talk about in the second link tho. I get how you come up with the numbers of rows of each color but when is it repeated? :think

Not sure I understand the striping pattern that they talk about in the second link tho. I get how you come up with the numbers of rows of each color but when is it repeated? :think

I know, the photo is of something that has only one row of each color, it seems to me it doesn't really go with the Fibonacci info. But it's a good photo of the stitches so that is why I linked to it. :hook

Oooh I really like that afghan! :yes

I don't get what the Fibonacci sequence has to do with it either. :think I get the Fibonacci sequence (one of the only things I remember from college math classes lol) but I have no idea how it fits in with the afghan...

I Don't understand how fibonacci applies here. To me it would mean something like:

1 row RED

1 Row BLUE

2 Row Green (1+1=2)

3 Row YELLOW (2+1=3)

5 row PINK (3+2 = 5)

8 rows Black (5+3 = 8)

But their afghan seems to show 1 row of each color all the time.

Maybe the Fibonacci comes in if you count the sts in the dc blocks.....2, 3, 5.

It's hard to tell in the photo because some are worked into the side of other sts.

Anyway I wasn't thinking too much about the Fibonacci article,, i just thought the stitch pattern looked neat:lol

Reading the two links, I think they are telling you to take their Bargello pattern and create your own pattern using Fibonacci. They are not showing you a sample. Which is silly if they are telling you to do it.

So your afghan can look like MaryPat says with Red, Blue, Green, Green, Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, etc.

Or you could do it in inches like 1 inch of crochet is red, one inch is blue, two inches are green, three inches are yellow, etc.

I agree, they're just suggesting that you could have fun applying the Fibonicci Sequence to the three free patterns from this issue (ghan, socks, scarf), but yes, to include a photo that does not illustrate the sequencing being discussed on the second linked page is an odd layout.

Interesting pattern stitch, though, the Florentine Bargello Afghan! Thanks for the link, Kathy!

Archived