size 3 thread doily

galaxydreams

Question

10 answers to this question

I found this doily pattern that uses Size 3 thread.

Sun-Flower Doily

You could probably even use this. I use a smaller hook for sock yarn then size 3 thread, but it's still doable.

A pattern for Sock yarn for doilies

Colorful Sock Yarn Doilies

When I make size 3 thread doilies, I just use regular doily patterns. Sometimes coaster patterns. I then adapt to fit. Some doily patterns with long chains won't work, but you could add a stitch between them to make them longer. With size 3 thread, that would be one long hole. If you want that, it's fine. That's up to you. If the chain is too long to fit on the size 3 thread (happens) I just do a shorter chain, for example, in stead of ch 5 I do a ch-3 or even a ch-4. I may have to frog but it can work out fine.

Check out http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com...ry/doilies.php for lots of doily patterns.

Debbi

ok thanks ladies! I wasnt sure if it would be crazy big or something if i used a the size 3 instead of the size 10 thread.

I am excited to start this :) This will be my first doily. i need to stop starting projects. I am starting to get a little crazy LOL but this is a top priority for my grandmother :D Thanks again!! i will post a pic when i am done :clap

Thanks Debbi!! :clap Turned out great :D I am in love with doily's now. They are so fun to make! I don't seem to get board with it at all. thanks again darlin :)

~Tonya♥:cheer

[ATTACH]10599[/ATTACH]

Your doily is just beautiful and so striking in red. Awesome job!

Archived