Beverooni

CIMG0024a

JUST A TOUCH OF OLD SWEATER

9-12 months

Materials needed:

2 skeins Wool of the Andres. Color Used: Carnation

G hook

Decorative button (optional)

(If you use regular worsted weight yarn and an I hook, it will come out a size 18-24 months.)

Work entire sweater in one piece. No seaming necessary.

Yoke: Ch 55.

Foundation Row: 1 dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each ch to end. Ch 3. Turn. (If you don’t want the collar then do a sc on this row instead of a dc.)

Row 1: Mitered Tile Stitch - sc in 1st st ; *ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, tr in next ch. tr in side of sc (1st half of mitered tile made); skip next 5 sts, sc in next st;* repeat across, sc in last st. Turn.

Row 2: *ch 5, dtr in next st, sc in ch at top of next half tile ; working in remaining loops of ch 5 across edge of half tile, sc in next loop, hdc in next loop , dc in next loop , tr in next loop, tr in top of next sc* (second half of tile made); repeat across, tr in last st. Ch 3. Turn.

Row 3: 1 dc into next dc. 1 dc in each st to end, including 1 dc in top of ch 3. Ch 3. Turn. (58 dc)

Row 4: 1 dc in next dc. * 2dc in next dc. 1 dc in each of the next 3 dc,* repeat from * to * to end. 1 dc in top of 3 ch. Ch 3. Turn. (76 dc)

Row 5: Same as 3rd row. (76 dc)

Row 6: 1 dc in next dc, * 2 dc in next dc, 1 dc into each of the next 2 dc, * repeat from * to * to end, 1 dc in top of ch 3. Ch 1. Turn. (101 dc)

Row 7 and 8: Repeat Rows 1 and 2. (Mitered Tile Stitch)

Row 9: Same as Row 4. Ch 1. Turn.

Row 10: sc to end of row (118 sc)

Row 11: (Sleeve opening) sc in next 15 st, ch 10, sk next 26 st, sc in 27th st and next 37 st; ch 10, sk next 26 st, sc in remaining 14 st, ch 3, turn.

Sweater Bottom: For next 12 rows: Sk 1 dc. V-st (dc, ch 1, dc in same stitch) in next st, sk 1 dc. Do all the way around ending with 1 dc in last dc of row. Ch 3 and turn. Repeat for next 12 rows or until bottom of sweater measures about 6-1/2” from bottom of yoke.

Finishing: I did a tulip stitch (also called crazy stitch) all the way around the bottom with a ch 2, sc in every other stitch around the rest of the sweater. You can do any variety of stitches to trim this little sweater. I made a sc ribbon to weave through the last row in the yoke but you could also use any type of purchased ribbon to weave through.

NOTE: This also makes a cute poncho. When you get to the sleeve rows, omit them and just move right on the v-stitch (bottom) rows. Do it from here on down in the round though and the yoke will give you a nice neck opening. Make it as long as you want it.

This is an original pattern. You are invited to make as many of these as you would like and even sell them. But please do not taut this pattern as your own. Give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

Bev Matheson

Just One Yarn After Another

Beverooni@hotmail.com

www.bevmatheson.blogspot.com

post-19085-135897519108_thumb.jpg

post-19085-135897519113_thumb.jpg

post-19085-135897519115_thumb.jpg

post-19085-135897519118_thumb.jpg

post-19085-135897519121_thumb.jpg

I love that look. I'll have to try one of these... maybe in that purple yarn that is sooooo not going to be knitted.

Just coincidentally, if you use the picture upload system here, you can be listed at CPC. (have to have the pic with the pattern )

• 2 weeks later...
started making this had a problem with rd 5 I know its just me not getting it. but I ended up with really small piece.is it a dc in every st?

Row 5 is not an increase row. It is just straight double-crochet to the end. Did that answer or question? Please feel free to send me a PM. I might get back to you faster that way. Don't want you to get lost.

:hug Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pattern, you're always so generous with your work.

I am going to try this and hope it fits my niece :)

I have never heard of tulip stitch, if I can't find it in a book I hope you don't mind if I pm you about it?

Thank you again :clap

:hug Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pattern, you're always so generous with your work.

I am going to try this and hope it fits my niece :)

I have never heard of tulip stitch, if I can't find it in a book I hope you don't mind if I pm you about it?

Thank you again :clap

Of course not. I found it quite by accident myself on the Internet.

Row 5 is not an increase row. It is just straight double-crochet to the end. Did that answer or question? Please feel free to send me a PM. I might get back to you faster that way. Don't want you to get lost.

Thank you I will try it again!!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived