What do you call it?

It's my hobby, it's my therapy, and I wish it could be my job:lol. I don't have as much time as I'd like to spend on it. I also give it away when someone is admiring it. Most of the receptionists at my doctor's office have something made by me. I always have my bag since we all know how long we can sit there and stare at the walls and the first question when they see me isn't "how are you feeling", it's "what are you working on now". They have received baby blankets, hats and scarves. One day, a little girl about 4 was watching me quite intently so I stopped what I was making and made her a little worm. Who knows maybe it will inspire her to learn to crochet. And yes, I always correct people when they ask "what are you knitting".

I have been crocheting for so long, it's just a part of who I am. I call it my hobby...but it's not my whole life. I have so many other interests, like reading, snowmobiling, walking....it's just a part of what I do and who I am. I try to crochet every day....but if I'm in the middle of a good book, or the outdoors calls my name...I can put it down.

My crochet is a lifeline to life it relaxes me and fun to do and really rewarding when I do something new and never tried before I am learning more ways to enjoy crocheting even more. It has help me through rough and happy times it is rewarding to give of my creations to others and share among friends. I been crocheting for so long it has given me so much pleasure learning and showing others how to crochet it is a therapy too and pleasure to be able to do so. I love that I can take it with me anywhere and any time it is a great conversation starter with others. The best part my croheting has brought me here to Crochetville and learn even more new patterns and met and made new friends it keeps growing like and great afghan I hope that it never ends.

I'd call it a hobby but as almost everyone who has a hobby will tell you, a hobby can be an obsession! Think about the model train enthusiasts or the golfers, or even people who collect things. Everything you do to relax and exercise your body or mind can become very habit-forming!

It's been a hobby for me. It comes and goes. I see something I want and will crochet it, but I don't go at it nonstop from one project to another.

I also do woodworking and painting. So I have enough to keep me busy between several different hobbies.

It's a lifestyle. I eat and breathe crochet & knitting. If we go somewhere that sells anything remotely crochet I have to check it out. I meet twice a week at two different groups to crochet. There is a project in almost every room of my house and in my car. I make you Tube videos on crochet, I even contemplated if I can crochet spaghetti! I take more pictures of my crochet projects than I do of my family. Maybe it is an obsession...but to me it's a lifestyle.

I read in one of my magazines, a few years ago, of a woman who did crochet a granny square out of spaghetti. Her brother commented that she would crochet with anything. She invited him over for supper and served him the granny square with some sauce. LOL :yarn

Archived