Recyle Pens into Hook Covers

Debbi-a1

Here's a Tutorial on how to do that. I thought this a was a good idea and wanted to share it.

Recycle Hook Holders & Crochet Covers

Basically you empty the old pen (take the ink part out) and instert your hook. You may need something to help it say in there (like the spring or some other material).

I just tried a size 2 steel hook in a G2 pen at my desk here at work. It fit perfectly and leaves about a 1" part to work/crochet with. But it does slide so it would have to be glued or something. I couldn't get the tip of the G2 off (the tip part below the finger grip).

There are some pretty pens I saw at the dollar store, so those could work (maybe even before they're out of ink:blush). Or any pen really I suppose.

So if you need one quickly, here's an idea.

Debbi

Good idea! I know LadyWillow, the inventor of that and she's a very creative and talented artist.

About securing the hook... I'd suggest to secure the hook in place, some of that two part epoxy putty stuff. Can't remember what it's called but its advertised by that guy on TV who yells his commercials and who recently died. Anyways, I have some and it works really well because you can kneed it into a putty consistancy, put it in place, and it'll dry rock hard. Stuff some of that into your pen tube, poke the hook in, let it dry and wall-ah! Not that i've tried it, but I'd bet that would work well.

What a clever idea. Its one of those ideas that you say to yourself, "Now why didn't I think of that?" :scrachin:ty for sharing it.

I'll have to try that with some steel hooks. It just would be nice to have something a little thicker to hold on to when using the small hooks. Thanks for sharing.

:manyheart

• 4 weeks later...

I use old pen cases to carry smaller hooks in them when I'm flying. The pen case makes it easier to find when poking through the crochet bag in a small place like the airline seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived