Making A Waffle Toy

Well the other day my daughter Hannah saw me do a new stitch called the waffle stitch boy does it ever require concentration well anyways she said I should crochet her a waffle and let her put fake butter on it and eat it I know she was only kidding but I was wondering do you think I should make an ami waffle haven't seen a pattern for it unless someone here has and if not I am going to go ahead and make up a pattern for a waffle. Opinions please

I say go for it, fc1123! I have no idea whether or not there's a waffle pattern with butter pat out there. I don't see one listed under foods at Crochet Pattern Central - I have read that folks make lots of different crochet foods for their kiddos to play with. Please show us your finished batch, should you decide to make a stack! :yes

I've decided why not haven't figured out what hook to use yet though start with an h hook then use an I hook to finish still debating the size

measure a real waffel and make it real size. lol I'd love to see this when it's done.. you can even use brown yarn to simulate Syrup!

Great ideas you have I never thought of measuring a waffle I will have to do that and your right about using brown yarn to simulate syrup :lol. Thanks now I just need to pick out my yarn and away I go. Silly thing is I don't know what color a waffle is :lol

Eggo waffles are more on the yellowish side. not a regular yellow. more subdued.

my son loves play food.

do you have a link to the stitch? i'd like to see it.

Well I'm going to try and get the yarn today and I will finally start the pattern wish me luck. This will be my first time creating a toy. Yeah for me and a new adventure

that is a really pretty stitch! i'm going to have to try it and yes! it will look great as a waffle play food.

i'll think you'll do just fine. doing a pat of butter would be easy. just do a few chains and a few rows of SC in a bright yellow.

I think it will make a great play food waffle! I think what I would do is to make two of them and then sew them together back to back. That will give it that much more body. Real waffles are thicker than a crocheted piece anyway, so sewing two pieces back to back won't just give it more body, it will make it more realistic, IMO.

There is a person over on Ravelry who has WONDERFUL crocheted and knitted food! I can't think of her name right now, but if you get over there, do a search under toys and you'll find her stuff. I think she sells her patterns for it on Etsy, too. Just AMAZINGLY beautiful stuff! Makes me want to really eat it! :lol

Yeah I'm going to go for it going to get the yarn tomorrow. Tonight watching my daughter Elizabeth test for her yellow belt with stripes for tae kwan do

Well I have the yarn I went onto ravelry and somebody already beat me to it. The person created a waffle with butter and syrup oh well I will still make it but I just can't create the pattern because it already has been created

Archived