Disappointed with Crochet Todays' Quick & Easy Gift Issue

LI Roe

It could be me but I saw the new special issue of Crochet Todays Quick and Easy Gift issue in Barnes and Noble today (9/5) for $9.99 and frankly, was disappointed. At first glance, many of the patterns were familiar, then I read the intro and apparently, the patterns are taken from their archives. One was from the very first issue, which is no longer in print. Now I have all the issues from day one, so I chose not to buy it. I was hoping for new patterns.

I'd like to know everyone else's take on this. I guess if you don't have all the issues, it would be good, but $9.99 is a bit steep for repeats for me.

LI Roe

I dont have any crochet mags period lol.. but then i do have a few books my uncle gave me when he moved from Calif to GA.. he didnt want to take any extra stuff with him he did not need to.. and he felt he could just replenish his stuff with new. now i live in Ga with him so he can always barrow them back from me lol. :)

It could be me but I saw the new special issue of Crochet Todays Quick and Easy Gift issue in Barnes and Noble today (9/5) for $9.99 and frankly, was disappointed. At first glance, many of the patterns were familiar, then I read the intro and apparently, the patterns are taken from their archives. One was from the very first issue, which is no longer in print. Now I have all the issues from day one, so I chose not to buy it. I was hoping for new patterns.

I'd like to know everyone else's take on this. I guess if you don't have all the issues, it would be good, but $9.99 is a bit steep for repeats for me.

LI Roe

Yeah I looked through Crochet Magazine and when I looked through it I saw an issue I already had of it no way will I spend money on an issue I already have especially when I can get patterns online

Well, I just bought it for my mom, who is having surgery this week and will be laid up for a few days in bed. Instead of yarn, I thought I'd buy her a magazine and some new pattern books to look through. Since neither of us receives this magazine as a subscription, it worked out great for me. And it has some blankets in it, which is what she prefers to make. I used a coupon at Joann's to buy it, so it was 40% the $10. I think she'll enjoy it, so that pleased me.

Patty

• 2 weeks later...

Archived