Hello, newbie to this chat, but not to crochet!

Queen_Blondee

;)Hello, I have been crocheting since I was six, and my Grandma taught me, (which eventually a recent picture of her and I will be posted in my profile), I love everthing crochet, and don't knit not one whit! LOL!:lol

This is all new to me, I rarely join chats or anything like this. This is only my second one (the other is for the 6 week body makeover, which I am losing weight on). So, if I make any mistakes please let me know.

I am only looking to make friends who love to crochet, talk about crochet, swap tips, hints, etc., and who love to show off what they have done, and have someone else really understand and appreciate what you have accomplished. When I show my husband stuff, he just says...that's nice. What a let down. I don't think he realizes how much just went into that project. Probably because I make crocheting look too easy! Ha. Ha. Ha.:haha

Well, I am babbling, I just wanted to give an idea of who I am, and what I like, and lastly what I am looking for in the site.

If money talks, then chocolate sings!

Deborah

Hi Deborah :waving and welcome to Crochetville! Glad you joined us.. You'll find lots of people here who absolutely love crochet like you do .. they appreciate the work involved .. and they will join with you when you are excited about your "latest" completed project.

Deborah Deborah Deborah!!!!! It is so wonderful to meet you!!!! I know exactly where Snowflake is!!! I used to live in Arizona and actually attended Tombstone High School! I had a friend who lived in Snowflake but I met her in Tucson at the Job Corps! I understand what you are talking about when it comes to husbands....mine gives me these unexplainable looks everytime I start a new project or want more yarn. He doesn't really appreciate the value of crochet. I would be more than happy to fill in the criteria you are asking about. But Crochetville is the absolute best place to have friends who crochet, exchange patterns and ideas and just encourage each other. I am so glad to meet you!!!!:hug

Melannie

Bonjour Deborah!! Welcome to Crochetville! I get the 'that is nice' speech from my father who still does not understand my desire to crochet - he calls me all the time 'did you order more yarn? What for? Don't you have enough? Another box just showed up! I'm charging you storage fees on this lot!' :lol

And I must say that chocolate not only sings, it belts out a full score to an Opera! Dark, white, milk...yummm....its a toss up what I love more....chocolate or crocheting! Its definently a lot cheaper to eat chocolate than it is to crochet here in Belgium!!

Deborah.....:welcome Hello from South Georgia, and yes, you will most definitely enjoy it here. My hubby always says I'm knitting...although I can't do a single stitch in knitting. Don't know where Snowflake is,but spent 1990-2001 in Cheyenne, WY....a "little" north of you. Enjoy:cheer

Terri,

I have actually been through Cheyenne, on my way to South Dakota...it is beautiful there. Thank you for the wonderful weclome!

Melannie,

That so funny, in 1981 I met my husband in Tucson Job Corps (know known as Fred G. Acosta Job Corps, and we actually knew Fred when he was a teacher). We were friends for years, and then in 1998 he asked me to marry him, after dating on and off for sixteen years...LOL! So, of course I love Job Corps, and anyone from it!! Thanks for the wonderful welcome, how in the world did you end up in Alberta?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Archived