Wedding gift..Help!

Does anyone have some good ideas for a wedding gift? It is for the son of a coworker. I'm tired of thinking about it, lol :lol and I am running out of time. I know I shouldn't have waited until the last minute but that is the story of my life! :P Thanks!

If you have time (you didn't say when the wedding was), you could do an afghan. If you don't have time, you could do a kitchen theme with dishcloths, pot holders, hot pad. Or, you could do a set of placemats, they'd probably work up quickly.....just a few ideas. :)

No time, head to Target. :lol

You don't say how much time you have so that makes it a bit more difficult but here are some things that may work.

- A filet name piece

- A door wreath

- A collection of baskets/cozies - The lily stash baskets are great gifts, you can find a really cool trinket bowl on cpc just do a search for trinket bowl. I make it with an E hook in crochet cotton - great for nightstands, keys etc. It comes out about 3-4 inches across. I just love this one for gifts.

- A collection of christmas ornaments for their first tree together

- I am a threadie so things like table toppers/runners also come to mind.

- Kitchen assortment- dishcloths, scrubbers, hot pads, potholders, kitchen fridgies. Put in a basket with some other kitchen stuff - a set of wooden spoons, cooking utensils, coffees, teas, etc.

- Bathroom assorment - washcloths, back scrubber, TP cover, poof scrubbies, put in a nice basket with an assortment of soaps and such for both guys and gals.

- pillows for couch

- lapghans - work a quick tunisian one up and cross stitch the name and date of wedding

- A bouquet of flowers in a beautiful glass vase with pretty marbles in it.

- several different holiday decorations (christmas, thanksgiving, easter etc.)

- A nice set of placemats and napkin rings to match - you could even buy the napkins to go with the placemats. Priscilla hewitt has some beautiful ones on her site that aren't your "ordinary" placemats

- A collection of bookmarks with a cookbook or two to go with them.

I tend to lean toward collections of things with a bit of variety in them. Especially if you don't know these people very well. You can find tons of patterns that are quick and easy to make put them in a nice basket from one of the local craft stores that's already lined - use a 40% or 50% off coupon and you have an inexpensive yet useful gift. I usually try to come up with a theme and then crochet a bunch of little stuff and add some inexpensive things Like a kitchen theme with the utensils for flavored coffees.

Hope some of these will help, even if you don't like the suggestions, perhaps they will spark some other idea.

TLOL,

Toni

One of the best wedding gifts I ever received was a simple sewing basket with some hand-sewing supplies. I had no idea how much that basket would come in handy, but it has! Between sock mending, sewing buttons, etc., that little basket has probably gotten more use than any of the gifts I received.

You don't say how much time you have so that makes it a bit more difficult but here are some things that may work.

- A filet name piece

- A door wreath

- A collection of baskets/cozies - The lily stash baskets are great gifts, you can find a really cool trinket bowl on cpc just do a search for trinket bowl. I make it with an E hook in crochet cotton - great for nightstands, keys etc. It comes out about 3-4 inches across. I just love this one for gifts.

- A collection of christmas ornaments for their first tree together

- I am a threadie so things like table toppers/runners also come to mind.

- Kitchen assortment- dishcloths, scrubbers, hot pads, potholders, kitchen fridgies. Put in a basket with some other kitchen stuff - a set of wooden spoons, cooking utensils, coffees, teas, etc.

- Bathroom assorment - washcloths, back scrubber, TP cover, poof scrubbies, put in a nice basket with an assortment of soaps and such for both guys and gals.

- pillows for couch

- lapghans - work a quick tunisian one up and cross stitch the name and date of wedding

- A bouquet of flowers in a beautiful glass vase with pretty marbles in it.

- several different holiday decorations (christmas, thanksgiving, easter etc.)

- A nice set of placemats and napkin rings to match - you could even buy the napkins to go with the placemats. Priscilla hewitt has some beautiful ones on her site that aren't your "ordinary" placemats

- A collection of bookmarks with a cookbook or two to go with them.

I tend to lean toward collections of things with a bit of variety in them. Especially if you don't know these people very well. You can find tons of patterns that are quick and easy to make put them in a nice basket from one of the local craft stores that's already lined - use a 40% or 50% off coupon and you have an inexpensive yet useful gift. I usually try to come up with a theme and then crochet a bunch of little stuff and add some inexpensive things Like a kitchen theme with the utensils for flavored coffees.

Hope some of these will help, even if you don't like the suggestions, perhaps they will spark some other idea.

TLOL,

Toni

what a great list of ideas...I am going to hold onto these myself!

Toni mentioned making a collection of smaller things and I would agree with that! I am a fellow procrastinator and I think it doesn't feel as overwhelming because as you get each thing finished, it feels like you are making progress. Good luck with your gift!

Another idea...my daughter got married last year and she received a very useful gift! A friend made her a medicine chest. In her card she pointed out that when you are starting a new home, there are lots of things you don't have until you actually need them. It was in a long rubbermaid container and had lots of things I would never have thought of. From bandaids to immodium this kit had something for every ailment. When my daughter came back from her honeymoon she went from very hot weather to very cold and promptly got sick...she was so thankful for that kit!! I know you are probably looking for crochet ideas here, but I had to share this.

Another idea...my daughter got married last year and she received a very useful gift! A friend made her a medicine chest. In her card she pointed out that when you are starting a new home, there are lots of things you don't have until you actually need them. It was in a long rubbermaid container and had lots of things I would never have thought of. From bandaids to immodium this kit had something for every ailment. When my daughter came back from her honeymoon she went from very hot weather to very cold and promptly got sick...she was so thankful for that kit!! I know you are probably looking for crochet ideas here, but I had to share this.

I really love this idea. It seems very useful. And everyone needs medicine, bandaids, etc. What a great idea!

As for crochet ideas, I like the kitchen theme of dishcloths, towels, potholders, etc.

I did something like this for my brother and his wife when they got married only it was kitchen basics.

I bought a cake pan and filled it with salt, pepper, baking soda, flour, sugar, etc.

Because it can be expensive to get groceries and basics the first time.

As for crochet, I'd stick with a small afghan throw if you don't know them very well.

Not everyone likes crocheted kitchen or bathroom stuff. ;)

Wow thanks for the great ideas! :) I definitely don't have time for an afghan being that I need the gift in 2 weeks...I know....I know! But you guys are giving me some good inspiration, thank you! :ty

When someone in my family got married, my mom gave the bride a small tool box. Sounds weird, but a hammer, screw drivers, pliers, screws/nails etc. can come in handy. When minor repairs are needed or a picture needs hanging she doesn't have to go through DH stuff (or worse, wait for him to do it :lol).

Ellie 13

I have crocheted a dozen Christmas ornaments for a wedding gift. When hubby and I got married we got a small cooler as a gift and we still use it all the time. It will hold two two-liters of pop.

Archived