swiffer shrug

Hey everyone. I want to make one of those reuseable swiffer cloths for a friend. My issue is that I am not sure if I should make it out of acrylic or cotton. I read somewhere that acrylic works well because it builds up static. Anyone have any opinions? Anyone had experience with a swiffer cloth made of either of these materials?

I've only seen they made out of cotton but I bet acrylic would work too. You could do a test or something. Make one Halfcotton/ Half Acrylic and see what half pics up the most junk.

Julee

I had some ugly left yarn from another project that I used to make one. It's acrylic. I have hard wood floors and it hasn't hurt them at all. I use it for dust mopping, not wet mopping. It's great for getting up dust and hair balls. It's so washable and dryable.

I've made some cotton ones for wet mopping but haven't tried them out out.

As you can tell from all of the responses, it varies widely depending on personal preferences. I have all hardwood floors and would not put acrylic on them. I use a loopy swiffer pattern made from cotton. It picks up cat hair, dust and all sorts of stuff.

As you can tell from all of the responses, it varies widely depending on personal preferences. I have all hardwood floors and would not put acrylic on them. I use a loopy swiffer pattern made from cotton. It picks up cat hair, dust and all sorts of stuff.

I was just wondering where you found the loopy pattern? I have a long haired cat and hardwoods. I think this would be perfect for me.:yes

Thanks everyone for the input. I think I'm going to make it out of cotton. Better safe than sorry since it isn't for my floor. Wouldn't want to give someone something that does more harm than good.

Archived