What does Delicate purple mean?

ok probably a silly question but does anybody know what delicate purple mean? I wasn't sure where to post this question looking for delicate purple yarn but I'm not sure what delicate purple even means

What's the context? Is this something a pattern is calling for? I would think it means light purple, like lavender or lilac (a delicate shade), but without knowing a little more about the context I can't be sure.

I would agree - like lavender or lilac instead of a dark or bright purple. Or maybe it means like a lace weight or something delicate like that.

Or,

It could just be a dark purple that when you pet it, it blushes and becomes delicate. :shrug

ok there's no pattern calling for it but I'm making it for my scarf of the month for September's flower is aster and when I looked it up on the internet they showed a flower with a dark purple so I was curious if anybody else knew what that could mean

ok there's no pattern calling for it but I'm making it for my scarf of the month for September's flower is aster and when I looked it up on the internet they showed a flower with a dark purple so I was curious if anybody else knew what that could mean

Are you saying that the aster was described as a delicate purple flower? If that's the case, "delicate" is referring to the flower, not the color - it's a delicate flower that is purple in color.

Are you saying that the aster was described as a delicate purple flower? If that's the case, "delicate" is referring to the flower, not the color - it's a delicate flower that is purple in color.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying ok so it just means that is purple ok thanks that helps me a whole lot

Hard to say....The sturdy flower of the aster typically has fine petals which could easily be tagged as 'delicate', but so could their color in that they are pleasing to the eye, and I did see a couple of entries which specifically said "delicate purple color". You'd probably do well using any shade of purple that pleases you.

Archived