Some Triangle Shawls I made

appy_lover

These are some triangle shawls I made recently. I'm still playing with getting the pattern just right for the ones I'll sell at craft shows this fall. Let me know what you think, they are from Lion Brand incredible & a trellis type yarn I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby.

post-10680-135897434154_thumb.jpg

post-10680-135897434158_thumb.jpg

post-10680-135897434161_thumb.jpg

post-10680-135897434165_thumb.jpg

They're beautiful -each one! I've never worked with ribbon yarn before, but you've inspired me - Very nice work. TFS

Thank you!! I am so glad that you like them. I am a little nervous about whether they will sell well, but I guess time will tell.

It took about 5-6 balls of incredible with the fringe. I'm finding that an 11 mm hook makes a nice sized stich with the incredible (I pretty much cleaned out the local dollar store of ribbon yarn!). It took 4 skeins of the mystery Hobby Lobby fuzzy trellis yarn. I am working on a stitch for that yarn that will get one done with 3 skeins, because that is all I bought in several colors. I think I can make it if I make a dc ch 2 triangle, so it gets wider faster. Hope so!!

I made one for myself (not pictured) from Lion's trellis yarn, made with an Boye N hook it took 4 balls of yarn. It is so much fun it wear! I can dress up jeans and a tank top with it, cover my shoulders in a nice dress for a night out, or just keep myself a little warmer in the ac of a movie theatre. It is surprising how warm something so holey and light actually is.

Archived