Mom Appreciation CAL

Jempast

I got to thinking it's a shame people only thank their Mother's one day a year for all they do. Just recently my stepmom went above and beyond the duty of a stepmother. She took me to the ER on Wednesday when I was having severe pain. My biological mom and I no longer talk we made it clear to each other we no longer want anything to do with each other. I am so grateful for my stepmom I have started calling her Mother as of Wednesday July 22, 2009. I want to do something for her to show I appreciate her spending six hours with me and my husband in the ER. She left her own 15 year old son at home to be with me. My Dad met us at the ER too.

So who wants to join me in making something for our Mother's to thank them for taking care of us when we were sick and for being there for us? I think just one day a year is not enough to celebrate Mothers. So I thought a Mom Appreciation Cal would be perfect.

This is an ongoing CAL. So join at anytime.

Here are some items I am making my Mom:

Crocheted Quilt

Doily

I told her I wanted to crochet her something to thank her for taking me to the ER she said thank you is enough. I said I know but I want to make an appreciation thank you. I know she loves quilts now to find the perfect crocheted quilt to make her.

If I can come up with something my aunt would like I will join in.

It is hard to find something for her as she has her household in full order but I will work on an idea of what might please her. :think

:heart

Crystal - What a thoughtful and wonderful idea! :manyheart ...And not being a "Hallmark" person myself, I am a true believer in appreciating those who are special all year long!

I hope that you are feeling better, and it sounds like you step-mom is a true :angel!

:hug

I have found that it is the homemade things that my Mom loves the most. It doesn't matter if it is just a handmade card or a cheesecake, just something that shows how much I love her.

This got me thinking - she said that she wants a toilet paper cover - I will get on it.

I have found that it is the homemade things that my Mom loves the most. It doesn't matter if it is just a handmade card or a cheesecake, just something that shows how much I love her.

This got me thinking - she said that she wants a toilet paper cover - I will get on it.

Which toilet paper cover do you think you will do?

I would love to join you if I could find some time in my schedule with all the baby blankets I need to get done. If I get the time later I will join in. My mom is always asking what I am making her and I know her and my dad really admire anything I make.

I would love to make my mom some kind of a prayer shawl. I have the yarn already I just will need to find which pattern to use. She is a care giver by nature I don't know what my family would do with out her. She personally helps me with my treatments everyday. I can't remember a time when she hasn't been taking care of someone, one of my grandparents, either my dad's parents or her mom, or my dad when he had cancer. You can't find a more wonderful woman in the world.

Archived