Hogan's Fisherman Sweater and more

jennawing

These are some of the coats I have made over the past few weeks. Most are variations of the same basic pullover sweater. I am especially proud of Hogan's Gold Fisherman Sweater and the little Pansy sweater. Milla's skull jacket was actually a Christmas present but this is the first chance I've had to get a picture of her in it (her daddy got a scarf to match!). The chocolate and pink polka dot coat is for a friend's chi and the red fisherman is for friend's acd. Oh yeah- and Natalie in her striped coat. I ran out of yarn before I got it long enough, but it's kind of cute, I think, showing the very end of her ridge. Kind of 90's with the cut-off look? haha

post-22839-135897427088_thumb.jpg

post-22839-13589742709_thumb.jpg

post-22839-135897427093_thumb.jpg

post-22839-135897427095_thumb.jpg

post-22839-135897427097_thumb.jpg

post-22839-1358974271_thumb.jpg

Those are fantastic.... wish I could do as well... I've been struggling with trying to make 2 cat sweaters, and 3 chi sweaters for a friend.... the problem is she lives far away from me.... And the measurements seem to keep changing.... I've ripped so many times.... Your coats are sooo great!!! Thanks for sharing them.... GBU!:):)

Thanks so much for the kind compliments. The red sweater is my first attempt of making a sweater for a dog I have not actually met, so we shall see how it fits! Hogan I have made several sweaters for in the past year and NONE have fit him right until this one. For a little dog he is serious muscle, so there were always problems with it fitting in the neck and shoulders. Even having a dog in front of you it can go all wrong in the fitting, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

I love them all. Where did the pattern come from for the fisherman?

Just something I made up. It has elements 'borrowed' from a couple different dog sweater patterns and some men's fisherman sweater patterns- and the stitching on the red fisherman I borrowed from an aran afghan pattern. A little trial and error until I got it to work.

Just something I made up. It has elements 'borrowed' from a couple different dog sweater patterns and some men's fisherman sweater patterns- and the stitching on the red fisherman I borrowed from an aran afghan pattern. A little trial and error until I got it to work.

If you ever think of writing it up I'd love to get a copy.

Archived