Annie's hook and needle club

I was just wondering if anyone belonged to Annie's hook and needle cub. If so, what so you think of the projects? What is the quality of the yarns? What is an average price of the kits? Is it worth it?

I got an email from them as well. I'm going to try it. It says you can cancel anytime so if it's not any good then I'll cancel. I've belonged to craft clubs in the past and they were always decent.

I tried it and canceled after the first project arrived. It was a simple purse that I could have made WAY cheaper than the kit! It didn't use name brand yarn and I just wasn't very pleased with it.

A friend of mine has subscribed to this, and gotten 3 projects. She was not impressed with the first one, a very small purse (maybe the same thing that Kittyloverdeb posted about?). The second was a table runner in beige yarn with some neat openwork ribbon to weave through, and the most recent is black and white mary jane slippers with red buttons in the shape of hearts. I think she is overall satisfied with it but I don't know anything about the cost.

Thanks for the replies. If anyone else tries this or knows anything more about it please feel free to share it with us. I really wanted to know if it would be worth it since my budget for projects is so limited now. Thanks everybody.

• 1 year later...

I've been a subscriber for about 6 months. I'm going to cancel, because I believe it's vastly overpriced. It has cost me $21.94 per month, and never has any project contained more than 3 3oz skeins of yard, plus pattern. Most patterns are for scarves,hats,mats,potholders, etc, in funky colors.

Archived