little capelet i think:)

viezurik

hi.... so this is what i made today.... in like...4 hours.....i usually like doing things that give me instant gratification so...i picked this one today.....from drops site

it's not for me... it`s for my brother's girlfriend.....i don`t really like how it turned out...don`t know why....

post-24474-135897423288_thumb.jpg

post-24474-13589742329_thumb.jpg

I think it's cute!

I have a dumb question. Can you use regular crochet hooks and read the patterns on that Drops site just like regular crochet, or do you have to have special hooks or something?

What is Drops site? If you think your question was silly how about mine. John Hablinski

Drops is a website that offers free patterns and for sale patterns. They are all written in European terms not US. They do have hook and stitch conversion charts. The one pattern I did from there, I copied into a Word document then went through it and completely put it into American stitches and hook size. Nice patterns, just a pain for me :lolhttp://www.garnstudio.com

I think it's cute!

I have a dumb question. Can you use regular crochet hooks and read the patterns on that Drops site just like regular crochet, or do you have to have special hooks or something?

They have a hook conversion chart on their site that you can use. You can use your regular crochet hooks. I believe there is also one here on the Ville, just can't think where it is right now.

hi.... so this is what i made today.... in like...4 hours.....i usually like doing things that give me instant gratification so...i picked this one today.....from drops site

it's not for me... it`s for my brother's girlfriend.....i don`t really like how it turned out...don`t know why....

Well, I think it's cute and she should really like it and your brother should give you many gifts for making this for her :lol

i don`t know what you are talking about but the pattern i made...was in american english......under each picture for each pattern there are 2 flags....one for UK and one for US...... you can choose the one you know best..... eventhough i`m from roumania ( Europe) i actually find it very difficult to read patterns written in European terms because i learned how to crochet from the internet .....mostly from US websites....

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/category_oversikt.php?kat=Heklet

see here.... they all have 2 little flags underneath them...

DROPS has alot of great patterns.... i find some of them pretty hard to understand......but some are so easy and quick....u just can`t stop from crocheting once you find this site.....

oh and, i use regular hooks....i think...i don`t know what u mean by "regular"...... all my hooks are like ....4 mm, 6 mm, ...and so on:)....

the one thing that i really don`t like is that.... i can`t find the yarns that some websites require for certain projects.... where i live .... i can only find Red Heart ....and other types of yarns but i don`t know.... Vivaldi, Alpaca, Vienna, Bamboo.......... there is no such thing here.....

sometimes i feel like i live in the desert:)))

When they have highlighted flags that mean it is written up in the language of the flag. And if it is dimly lite it has not been posted in that language yet. When they talk about regular hooks they mean like g,h,i,j,k, which we use in the US now our hooks have the alphabet and mm on them to help with patterns that only use mm in them. I hope this helps you Viezurik. Some english patterns use diffrent types of stitches than we do here in the US they are the same but different names for them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived