Summer 2009 Interweave Crochet

smokeyp81

Anyone seen the new Interweave crochet magazine yet? I just bought a copy last night. Here is a preveiw: http://www.interweavecrochet.com/issue/2009/materials-summer09.asp#Raindrops-Broomstick-Lace-Shawl

I just love the Summer Splash Dress. Not too sure it would look good on me....but I love it just the same!

I think this is an awsome issue. There are a lot of things I would like to make. I was also really interested in the article on laceweight yarn.

Heather, I totally agree, this is a fabulous issue! The two dresses, both cardigans, the wedding accessories--the entire issue is a delight. I loved the winter issue, wasn't so crazy about the spring one, and now love summer, too. And I love that all the items were made from bamboo and other light yarns.

And what an interesting interview with Lisa Naskrent, yes, the genius behind CrochetGarden (whose talent has just blossomed over the years of seeing her stuff here on the 'ville).

This is exactly the kind of magazine crochet needs to show off its versatility and style.

Patty

• 2 weeks later...

:woo

I saw Crochetville mentioned, and couldn't wait to run in here to the computer and tell somebody Crochetville is in Interweave Crochet!

Congratulations to Lisa for getting the recognition she deserves! So nice of her to mention her friends at the 'ville! :cheer

I was telling DH that I get this magazine as much for the articles as the patterns, and he just rolled his eyes at me! :ohdear:lol

• 2 weeks later...
Heather, I totally agree, this is a fabulous issue! The two dresses, both cardigans, the wedding accessories--the entire issue is a delight. I loved the winter issue, wasn't so crazy about the spring one, and now love summer, too. And I love that all the items were made from bamboo and other light yarns.

And what an interesting interview with Lisa Naskrent, yes, the genius behind CrochetGarden (whose talent has just blossomed over the years of seeing her stuff here on the 'ville).

This is exactly the kind of magazine crochet needs to show off its versatility and style.

Patty

Thank you for the sweet comment! Blossomed is such a perfect word for it... It was like a valley of blooms paves way for me here :)

:woo

I saw Crochetville mentioned, and couldn't wait to run in here to the computer and tell somebody Crochetville is in Interweave Crochet!

Congratulations to Lisa for getting the recognition she deserves! So nice of her to mention her friends at the 'ville! :cheer

I was telling DH that I get this magazine as much for the articles as the patterns, and he just rolled his eyes at me! :ohdear:lol

Thank you so much.. I had to mention the ville :) I feel like calling it "the neighborhood I grew up in," you know what I mean? I remember one of my first designs.. I am sure there is a post here years ago somewhere, and it was a hat for my daughter. I posted it and people said it looked great. Then one lady said there were too many ruffles. A little light bulb went on, and my brain did a little handstand and suddenly, I was able to look at my projects and say "yay" or "nay," just like she had done.

I love the ville, and the people here. I need to spend some more time again - I miss it. It is amazing how much of a time zapper running the business is (in a very good way though). I think my mid-new-year's resolution will be to take more time for myself.. Maybe participate in a swap or two, and get myself some crochet-leisure time in the mix.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for all the kind words. And just a little note, as mentioned in the article... I will be closing on my first house for me and the kids at end of August (yay)! I even will have a craft room :clap

The bag and the breezy hat is on my "to-make" list. Maybe I'll start the bag today. It's a great issue, with something for everyone.

:manyheart

Archived