Favourite Hook Size?

Without a doubt, the blue Boye size J aluminum that was my grandmother's is my favorite. The color was already wearing off in places when it was handed down to me, and I'm sure more has worn off in the two years I've had it. I use it for almost everything. It fits perfectly in my hand and reminds me of Grandma every time I use it. :)

By far, J is my favorite. Although I own some of each size including steel ones for thread work whenever I decide I'm going to try thread work. Most of the time I use the J because my stitches are on the tight side. Getting looser/loosier (however it's spelled) stitches though in my old age. Okay since I am only 58 years old/young maybe they are getting looser/loosier because I have crocheted so many years. Since my late 20's. I recently received a wooden size J hook from my FGM and so far I really love using it. Thanks FGM.:turtle:woo:yay

H or I for ww cotton I don't like my kitchen stuff too tight or dense.

J but usually bump up to K for ww acrylics ..for K's I like the bates best doesn't have that big hump on neck when bringing yarn up the valley of the hook it drags on me.

my f or G vintage bone hooks for lustersheen which I use alot..get tired of those size 3 spools with hardly any thread on them but do love that size 3 white with the tad of glitter kinda looks like pearls when worked..just hope they don't stop making the luster.

oops sorry this is a hook thread lol

and along with the rest of you my trusty 7 steel with a strange blue cushy short triangle shaped pencil grip that has thumb rest on all three sides that I some how rigged up on it lol ..stationary store stopped carring them ..of course

my two cents

I use the I & H hook a lot since I mainly work with acrylic yarns. For baby yarns I love the F hook. I had unfortunately lost the only F hook I had at the dentist office so I had to buy another one. I use my favorite hook brand for I, H & F hooks which is Susan Bates brand.

My favorite is an "H" hook. I try to design my amigurumi with it in mind. I like the Boye style of hook. I have to show you all my current beauty see below. I'm not a lefty but it looks good in that picture.

post-22215-13589741872_thumb.jpg

:mug:cat:yarn

I concur that is a "Beauty" what artistian or brand is it?? I am searching around for a few wooden hooks..so far the twin birchs huge handle wood hook peaks my interest not the prettiest girl on the street but sure looks comfortable lol and maybe give a go to a Laurel Hill as I want thumb rests and hook looks workable not snaggy which I find in some bamboo hook heads, both these brands look like quality to me and don't break the bank..in my case the piggy bank :) We shall see

Archived