Stop Smoking CAL- REVISED-Revival post #94

I just want to share a little bit. I am a non-smoker now for almost 3 years after smoking 3 packs for 25 years.

Cravings still come now and then.

A craving does not mean you are a smoker again!

A craving doesnt mean you have to smoke.

Whenever I have a craving, I just say Oh no you don't, no way am I going through quitting AGAIN!! LOL

When I quit, I did it my way, not the way everyone else told me to do it.

I did keep cigs in my freezer and I used the gum.

And when I thought I was going to die, Id go outside and have one. I had about 4 cigs the first 3 weeks. Only smoked about half of each of them and realized.. wait a minute.. this doenst make me feel better. That was the turning point.. having a cig did not make me feel better! But knowing I can have one any time I want, removed a lot of the pressure that caused failures for me. *I* was in control.

You can do it. If I did it, you definitely can, find what works for you and do that.

Hugs

Kath

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is the last day I am going to smoke! I have smoked my last cigarette and I refuse to buy anymore. My son will be very happy and My girlfriend doesn't smoke and she wants me to quit too. So I am not only quitting for myself I am also quitting for them. I will probably need some support though, So I can actually Stay "Quit".

Congratulations to all of you that have quit sine I posted on here! And here's to all of you that are considering it, but not there yet! I am happy to report I have been smoke free now for 6 months! I keep thinking, wow, this time last year I was freezing my buns off smoking out in the garage! I thank God every day for the strength to do this for myself!

Archived