Heavy Duty Yarn Winder...

I was wondering if anyone out there happens to have this yarn ball winder... http://www.nancysknitknacks.com/ball_winder.htm

I have been seriously debating on getting one and wanted to know other owners opinions if possible.

Thanks! :D

I'm going to give this a bump...does anyone have this winder?

I don't have it but you can find ones that are alot cheaper. I bought one for under $40.00. Course I have to wind the wool myself but I could never justify paying what they want for their heavy duty wool winder. Sorry.

That one does look very nice, doesn't it? I think it's been designed for use by people who wind lots and lots and lots of yarn: like yarn stores. It might be more power than you need for home use. I think it's supposed to be a great winder.

I've been very happy with my Royal ball winder. I got it from Joann's online when it was on sale for 50% off or something like that, plus they had free shipping!

My thought was, at that inexpensive price, even if it didn't last as long and I had to buy another one at some point, I'd still have lots more money that could be spent on yarn!

Of course, if you like it, and have the money to spend on it, go for it!

wow, that is one heck of a yarn winder...what i liked about it was the fact that it is made to be upgraded if there are new parts made...i dont have enough need for this but if i did this would be the way i would go.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I currently have a ball winder that I have issues with if I try to wind more than 3.5-4 ounces of yarn on...and it's supposed to wind 8 ounces. That's why I've been thinking about this one. I know it's expensive, but it should be the last one I EVER have to buy...lol.

It does say it is the industry's first commercial ball winder, so the yarn stores would have a field day with it. Me, I just wind my little skeins when I need to, by hand. And then the little balls roll all over the place, LOL.

Never even thought of getting a winder of any kind.

LI Roe

I would buy it in a minute if I were a zillionare or had a yarn store, have drooled over it before .. I love it cuz it makes up to 1 lb skein . unlike the the dinky skeins you make on my cheapie..although 200 bucks is steep for a hand crank..in my humble

Archived