I'm thinking of a project...

I am not looking for suggestions or ideas but I just found myself thinking that I need a project of some meaning and commitment. I love to dash off a hat or a lapghan but I am starting to think that I need something more than a pretty shawl - as yummy as they are.

Have you ever hit that spot where you feel you are not giving your art all that you should?

A couple of years back I made the circle of hope squares for a wedding afghan and it took a good bit of doing to get it done. That was a *project* :c9

I am wondering why I even feel this need to take on a big event. I am not a patient person and I like to get something started and done... but :dreaming

I will come up with something or other to fill this spot but I am just wondering if others have come to this point where it feels like you need to do something.

Well it is all crochet after all :crocheting

Yes, I often feel that way both in crocheting and life. For me it feels as tho something is "missing" and I can't put my finger on it. I feel something from within me that is unsettled. Hard to explain.

When this happens I pick charity and really get into crocheting what they need. Be it for babies, homeless, animals, etc.... I start making as much as possible- almost like an "all consuming" event. I live and breathe to make things for my charity. This makes me feel better as it is all about helping someone. Maybe the "helping someone" part is what is needed to fulfill me, but afterwards I do feel really good again.

I've felt that way before. Everything I was making, I gave to someone and I had never made anything specifically for me. So I chose a beautiful pattern that was difficult for me and gave it to myself. I found it to be very rewarding, both the process of the work and having the finished project.

Good luck!

Weird you meantion this. I was just thinking I need to do something last night and was talking about it with dh. I was going to go through the crochet for charity section and see who I could help.

:turtle:vheart

Yes, I feel like that at times too. My biggest problem is that I don't have enough crochet time to make all the things I want to. I usually have an afghan project of some sort going and then when I get restless with it fill in with other smaller things, but then I want to make some things for charity. Just never enough time for me. But just recently I have gotten Krystal's daisy square pattern and I figured it out. I thought I would have alot of trouble with it, but I really didn't. Anyway, now I want to make a couple to send to her for her charity afghans. I'm excited about doing that.

Thank you all. I need to consider what project would fit the bill. I still have that Coronet doilyghan... maybe that is the one that I need to choose to complete... would be interesting and require a commitment.

I appreciate your discussion... gives me more food for thought. Almost everything that I do is for charitable giving... :think Maybe a complete layette would be demanding enough.

I'm in the same boat. I haven't done any major crocheting since Christmas, except for the yellow hat I'm wearing in the above picture and a few sets of potholders. I don't know what my problem is ....... I love to crochet!

:think

I don't know that I've hit that spot yet. I do have times (like right now) when I look at what I have started and just don't feel like working on it. Then I look through my books at all the pretty patterns and daydream about making those... but with a lack of a job right now I can't really be buying up a whole bunch of yarn :-(

I'm sure you'll come up with something though. It's probably just that wonderful feeling that you get when you do finished a big project and you can look at it and feel really good about yourself for finishing something amazing. Maybe that's what you're craving.

Archived