Ghan for close family friend with cancer

Mandii

Hi everyone. One of my mother's close friends has discovered she has cancer in her mouth. She has scheduled surgery later this month to hopefully remove all the cancerous cells. I want to hopefully make a lapghan or an afghan for her from 12 inch squares. I could use some help, as I have to chase after a one year old all day and barely have enough time to finish a wedding afghan I am making for the wedding at the end of the month. I'm just asking for a little help if anyone could spare a square or two. Thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention that she is also a breast cancer survivor going on six years now and her first grandchild was just born in March. She truly is a wonderful woman.

UPDATE:

Mary had her surgery yesterday, they're pretty confident they got everything and now she's home and resting. I spoke to her yesterday and she's happy that the surgery is over but her face is still really sore. She's also happy that she can at least talk a little.

Update:Almost done stitching the squares together. I had a PM that one more square was in the mail and then I can put a border on it. Thank you so much to everyone that has sent in squares!

Cherri, anything. I'm looking for anything. She's a bright and cheery person so I'm hoping it's bright and cheery.

I'd be happy to help. I've seen the devastation that kind of cancer brings. PM me your address and I will work on some over the next couple of days. Bright and cheery squares it is!

I'll send you at least one 12 incher...when you get a chance PM me your addy. Do you want the squares bordered? It might make it easier for you.

PM me your address, I have 2- 12" squares already made that I can send you. They are both the same, is that ok. Or, if you just want one of them, that is fine also.

Debbie

I received three more squares in the mail today! Thank you to judianne, jessicagil, and nana_k. They're all lovely.

I just found out, she's going in for surgery on the 18th. I'm doing my best to make more squares but if anyone else could help? I want to have a nice sized lapghan for her, probably about 4 squares by 4 squares? That would mean 16 in total.....

hi, Mandii-

What color(s) are you short, and when do you want them by?

I can do one tonight at T-Ball, and can do more if you need. I have lots of bright and cheery colors here.

:blushsorry to have missed this thread!

Archived