Some good clean fun?!

Quick good morning- got up early but somehow I'm behind!

I learned how to knit last night at craft club! :knit I had tried about a month ago at craft club- and forgot what to do- since I put it down in favor of crocheting a gazillion things for Christmas! I'm going to make a simple knit scarf with Paton's wool that I had in my stash- knit, knit, knit, ---no purl yet! Gotta get one stitch down well!! :yes

Tonight I'll work on the convertible cowl for my DD--and also my middle DD asked if I could make a few hats for her and BF's friends--they seem to love their hats-- so I'll be making a few more of them and she's picking them up next Friday! :eek Luckily they work up quickly--and I have a three day weekend!!!

Can't wait to see the Harley ghan when it's done Marisa! Oh, and paradise isn't beating me up too badly---YET!!! Still in the process of transitioning some of my responsibilities-- I have a feeling that real fun (note hint of sarcasm) will begin next year--which is next week!!!!:eek

Stacy- Hope you are enjoying your time home with the kiddos-no school- and less hrs at work! How's that espresso machine working out?

LeeAnn- Big hugs to your friend Kathi! and Big shout out to your DD who turns 11 today!! Enjoy the day with her!!!:birthday:cake

Beth--How's the housework coming along?

Have a great day everyone--off to get ready for another fun-filled day in Paradise with the sun and sand and drink in hand---:lol

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. I got up earlier than I should have, and I'm kind of groggy, but does Joanne get to drink on her job? I think I want to work there!!! LOL

I got my housework started, and the floor looks much better in the utility room. I'm not done, but I made progress.

I hope everyone has a great almost Friday!

Top of the morning friends!

Joanne-:P:woo:jumpyayyou learned how to knit! that is awesome my friend! So happy for you, how exciting! I bet your dd's bf and his/her friends love your hats, they are beautiful! I would love it if someone made me homemade goodies,:hug they are all very fortunate.

Beth-cleaning is never done but glad that you are making progress. :hug

Marisa-you are whizzing thru your graph ghan, :clap:cheer

Stacy-new roller blazes/skates sound awesome! how fun!

Dh baked a cake for dd last night, she is super excited. We had to sample it:devil you never know it could have been icky.:lol it was icky delicious! mmm mmm good!

Dh stayed home from work today, he has a tummy ache, hope he feels better soon. I am waiting for everyone to get up so that we can go bumming.

Finished my book yesterday, didn't get to work on my website at all,...procrastination at it's best...I need to I need to I need to.

off to grab a cup of coffee. hugs n squishes!

Good morning ladies :hi

After work last night, I stopped by Ingrid's to drop off some food and goodies my mom sent for them. I worked on my ghan just a little, but got the ends woven in at the lettering and then crocheted just one row. The rough patch is now behind me :whew

I did some running before work so I wouldn't have to do it later in the day when it starts to get busier out. And tonight I have a haircut at 7. Ingrid and my sister may show up :lol Then I may try to get a few rows done on the ghan. The next section of lettering just has 5 letters, so I'm thinking that my goal tonight will be to get that row started so the attachings are done :think We shall see how the night pans out.

I have some things to do around here of course. I had a patient scheduled in for 2 but she called and left a message to cancel since her daughter is sick today :( She's taking her to the doc so I hope she gets better quickly....I hate when kids are sick :(

Joanne - :yay for knitting, I enjoy breaking up the crafting a bit :yes It'll go quicker when you get your practice time in :devil Glad to hear that paradise is not too awfully bad yet :xfin

LeeAnn - Of course you need to perform 'quality control' on your baked goods....and everything else :yes:wink:devil

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LEEANN'S DD :bday

Beth- Yes, I can drink at work-- Coffee, tea, water, --:lol:lol

LeeAnn- Hope your DD is having a fabulous birthday and that DH's tummy is feeling better

Marisa- Have fun with the haircut- I go in two weeks again- the never ending cycle of hair cut/color! :lol

Off to go eat- dinner is finally ready!

Happy Friday, and Happy New Year's Eve Eve... Anybody have big plans to celebrate the new year? I plan to do very little or nothing. I hope I stick to it this year. I've been known to throw to gether last minute parties in years past.

Joanne, so glad you can drink coffee at work. Otherwise it would be torture. Could you imagine if work places started treating coffee like they do cigarettes?

LeeAnn, I hope your dd had a great birthday. What kind of cake did dh make, and how was it? Is dh feeling better?

Marisa, I need to hold onto my hat when you come by. It's like a whirlwind. You sure stay busy. Sounds like you are having fun, though. I hope your patient's dd feels better soon.

Stacy, I hope you are enjoying your break from school. When do classes start up for you again? My kids start on the 9th.

I stopped at Sheetz on my way in and decided to get a bfast burrito since I didn't feel like making anything before I left the house. It took 20 minutes from when I put my order in until I got my food :eek and it's not even right :angry Not going back about it though. I may just send an email or something. They only opened a couple weeks ago, but have been good up until now and there was 5 people working behind the food counter so I don't think they were just shorthanded :shrug

OK, done ranting.

I working my graph ghan up to the row of attaching the next set of lettering, which is just the 'motor' part. That's about it. My sister has some errands to do after work tonight, so I may join her but she was in a really foul (sp?) mood last night....I sure hope she's having a better day today :xfin

Tomorrow we'll help the neighbors across the street get ready for their new year's eve party, which is where we're going Beth :yes Sunday the Steelers play I think at 4 (they moved it from 1) and we're still debating on having people over or going out, whatever they decide :lol

Joanne - My hair was all grown in, it needed to be 'debulked' and now feels so much better....and enjoying the coffee just adds to feeling good :wink

Beth - I do keep busy and that's the way I like it....always having something to do :yes

LeeAnn - I hope dd had a wonderful birthday and dh is feeling better :hug

Stacy - I hope all is well on your end of the country :D

Top of the morning friends!

Beth-oh my! A last minute party, how fun yet a teeny tiny bit stressful. :lol We are staying in for New Years Eve, I always fall asleep early, I get all cozy and before you know it, I'm out. :yes Have you been crocheting at all?

Marisa-bummer about your burrito, that is frustrating. I hope that your sister is in a better mood when you get off. I like to keep busy too, but sometimes I am just lazy.:devil

Joanne-so glad that you can drink coffee at work, when I was a preschool teacher, we could only have water...barely. It had to be put up at all times, I think that is ridiculous:eek! If I am ever the boss, I would change it...doesn't that sound just like a child? :lol

Yesterday was so much fun! Celine is now 11. Thank you for all of her birthday wishes, she is such a blessing. We took her swimming at an indoor pool. She was kinda bored so then we went out to lunch and then stopped so that we could clean the car/vacuum...I thought of Marisa-I couldn't stand it a minute longer. Then we rented a video game for her. Then we came home relaxed a bit. My mom came over to have chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and sherbet...mmmm mmmm delicious! Dh makes the best cakes ever! He is feeling somewhat better today, he went back to work but he kinda of lazed around yesterday.

and....I updated my website! Just a tad but still have more goodies to add. Today I am going to finish dh's applique...ya know the one that I started forever ago...it was on my Decembers to do list.

bbl! hugs n squishes!

Great job updating your website LeeAnn :yay I'm so glad you thought of me when you took your car :manyheart:lol

Hey, can I put in a request for a lotion bar that comes with the tin case? No rush and at your leisure, but I'd just be looking for plain.....no fragrance. My skin is crazy sensitive :( But I do good with the trial one you sent me a while back when you first started to make them. I just don't remember what it was :think Then I could purchase through the site or directly, but I'll probably pick out a candle too :D

Hello hello!

Marisa-I am soo happy that you hopped on over to my site, awesome! I can definitely make a fragrance free lotion bar, I love whipping them up! I haven't added all of my candles, is there a particular fragrance you are wanting? I can email you a list of my fragrances as it is lengthy. I love filling orders!

oh also finished the applique...here's a pic to share with all of you!

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897722231_thumb.jpg

Hello hello!

Marisa-I am soo happy that you hopped on over to my site, awesome! I can definitely make a fragrance free lotion bar, I love whipping them up! I haven't added all of my candles, is there a particular fragrance you are wanting? I can email you a list of my fragrances as it is lengthy. I love filling orders!

oh also finished the applique...here's a pic to share with all of you!

hugs n squishes!

Gorgeous applique :manyheart

You sure do have an extensive list of fragrances, but one jumped off the page at me, so I'll PM you back :D

LeeAnn--Gorgeous applique!!!!! And your little business is really taking off-- so happy for you!

We had plans to go to my DD's brother-in-laws for New Years Eve- PJ party- but his wife has been sick and my DD said she isn't going since she doesn't want to have Ryan to get sick. She would be bringing him since son-in-law works till 10- (and may get stuck working a double). Since she's not going, we're going to stay put too-which is fine with me!

Marisa- Have fun at your party tomorrow night- and since I got my hair cut shorter (it's still not "short", the curl is much better- and I had her cut more layers into it last time- now I just put in some mousse- and it is working so much better- no muss- no fuss!!

Stacy- Christmas Blend at Starbucks was buy one/get one free this morning when I stopped --I was so excited!!!! And every time I go there I think of you--even though you frequent another place more often- I still associate Starbucks and of course Trader Joe's with you----speaking of which--I'm going to TJ's tomorrow morning!

the last-minute party will be for the 5 of us who live here only. I'm so excited. We planned menu, went shopping, and I am going to experiment with some new recipes. Nothing fancy -- mozarella sticks, chicken wings, hot dogs with chili, nachos, and chips and dip. I don't fry often, so the kids are psyched that they'll get some greasy food.

Marisa, doesn't it feel great to get a hair cut? I am overdo for a do. I had to trim my bangs yesterday to keep from going insane. It amazes me how quickly they go from a bit long to GET THESE THINGS OUT OF MY EYES!!!

Joanne - buy one get one free - how lovely! I am glad you are spoiling yourself with Starbucks. You deserve many nice things in life. Will you be spending time with Ryan for the holiday, since you aren't going to the original party destination?

Stacy, I hope work is going Ok for you.

LeeAnn, so glad the birthday went well. I almost remember when my kids were 11. It seems like yesterday, and like a decade ago at the same time. Very weird.

Good Morning Ladies!

Happy New Years Eve!!!!

Beth-that is so nice of you to make goodies for your family. Yummy! Let us know how the mozzarella sticks turn out, do you have to batter them?:hug

Joanne-what will you do with your weekend in? I bet get lots of hook time in!:hug

Marisa-how was your evening? Your graph gone is going by fast, I have never made one before.:think it seems like it involves a lot of counting. Thank you again for your order, I will get started on it this afternoon.:yes

Couldn't sleep, got up early and started reading...another book to since my teeth in to. Added more goodies to my site, a whole new line. :cheer:clap Have a few more goodies that I would like to make perhaps this evening or later this afternoon.

bbl! hugs n squishes!

I had a very busy day- a little cleaning this morning, trek to Trader Joe's, JoAnns, ACM and Michaels---and very little yarn was purchased! This afternoon, I was at DD's and went with her and Ryan to help with the grocery shopping (not fun on a Saturday afternoon). Also found this great consignment shop in her town for kids things and maternity- great buys- I got a few things to keep at my house when Ryan is here.

DD and Ryan came for dinner and just left a little while ago. It was a wonderful way to spend New Years Eve!

Oh,my friend from work had her baby this morning!!! He was early- and is 6lbs 6 oz-both he and Mom are doing good. (and she gets a tax deduction for the whole year)

Wishing you all a happy, healthy wonderful 2012!!!

Good morning and Welcome to 2012!!!

Saw a quote I liked and thought I'd share

"What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the New Year."

Hugs to all!

Well, my cooking wasn't a universal success. The mozzarella sticks were a complete failure, and the chicken wings could have been crunchier. Everything else was good.

Happy New year to you all. I hope you had a good time, enjoying your families.

Joanne, it sounds like you had a great day. Congrats to your friend for having her baby. It sounds like you had a very good new year's eve.

LeeAnn, happy new year to you, too! I hope you have continued success with your crafting business.

Stacy and Marisa, I hope you have a great Sunday!

Morning!!

Un-decorating is done for another year!! So happy to have that out of the way- I started as soon as I had my coffee this morning- and in the process got rid of some decs that I haven't used in years--my DD's had already taken what they wanted of my decorations a couple of years ago.

The Giants are the NFC East Champs---woo-hoo!!!! It was a great game!!!!

Hope you all enjoy your day--and I'm going to relax this afternoon as soon as I do a little cleaning!!!

Good morning, ladies.

I hope your day is going well. So far, mine is pretty good. We have a pair of boy kittens to care for now. They are sweet, affectionate, and very cute. I hope they find a really good home quickly. There's a new girl, too. She's not at ease in the store yet. Then there's the girl who has been there for a while. She's coming out of her shell beautifully. She loved sitting on my dd's lap, snuggling and purring, while I cleaned the cage. Now my dd wants to take her home!

Joanne, Do you get today off? My hubby does. Will your craft club meet today? Our library is closed.

LeeAnn, Any fun plans for today?

Marisa, how is work going? Are you getting busier? We are all Cheering for you.

Stacy, I hope you aren't working too hard.

Good Morning ladies!

Joanne-that is awesome that you are meeting Wed, bet it is fun fun fun!

Beth-little kittens are so sweet! Is your dh off from work?

Marisa-how was your weekend?

Yesterday was spent sewing, dd and decided to make a little purse for her, she really has an artistic eye, I will up load a pic to share later. My little sister came over New Year's Eve and spent the evening/night with us. I twas nice to visit with her. Dh is on vacation this week.:clap:cheer So excited as I have a few Honey Do's for him.:yes We undecorated on Saturday, I need to clean out ornaments as we have too many but....packaged them all back up for another day.

Best get my tush in gear and start laundry. hugs n squishes!

I was up fairly early today, but stayed in bed playing sudoku on my phone :lol

We had a wonderful time at the party on Saturday and it was a good turnout, which they were worried about since only a handful of people came last year. Yesterday we went to the bar to watch both the steelers game and the ravens games simultaneously...which was quite difficult I might add :whew The eagles won :clap Not that it mattered :lol But, they're still my boys :manyheart

I got quite a bit accomplished on the graph ghan and have the orange part done (at least until I get to the border) and then just a little piece of white and the rest will be black so should go quickly. I'll have it done this week and can't wait to share pics with you :bounce

Joanne - :yay for your Giants...if it wasn't mine, I'm sure glad it was yours :lol Congrats to your co-worker and the baby's keen sense of timing...maybe s/he will be an accountant :think Great quote!

Beth - :yay for having a last minute party. Sorry to hear that the mozerella sticks and wings didn't work out so well :( I have a new patient coming on thursday, so that brings me up to 4 :clap:yay Not too bad in about 6 weeks :think

LeeAnn - the graph ghan IS a lot of counting. I enjoy them though because it's not monotonous even though it's the same stitch, I use hdc's instead of sc's and they still work out well :yes What are you reading?

Stacy - Hope all is well over there :hug

I hope everyone had a wonderful, safe, and healthy 2012 :hug

Morning- Coffee is on and one cup finished! Time to get ready for Paradise and the beginning of the new year and new project!

I started a RR last night using Charisma (bulky yarn from Michael's) I had bought a bunch on sale a while ago with the intention to make a lap-sized ghan from it. Since it was getting cold yesterday--it seemed like the perfect thing to start!

Have a wonderful day!

I really did not sleep well last night :( So am feeling a bit drowsy today. I don't think I'll stay too late today. I didn't get any crocheting done yesterday either, but I tried to fix my sisters printer and only time will tell. We went to Ingrid's yesterday for the Winter Classic for which I was late because I had a patient at 2:30 and it started at 3:00 :clap:yay No complaints here :no I only missed a little bit of it.

Great idea Joanne, starting a cozy afghan on a chilly day :yes

I hope everyone's year is starting off well :hug

Archived