Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all are cracking me up with your siggys. Poor Stacy is totally outnumbered, isn't she? :rofl

I survived the swim meet. It was touch and go, though. We have a very small team, and it's tough to get enough people to volunteer for the meets, particularly home meets, where we need to fill more spots. I ended up the only adult in the room with our kids. That would have been OK, but the other teams came through that room to line up for events, and I had to put everyone in order. And it was loud, and hot, and crowded, and I stood up for 3 1/2 hours. But I survived. And my son was in 5 events and won all of them!!! :cheer:clap:yay

I've heard a rumor that Stacy needs to make a flannelghan. Did you hear that?

LeaAnne, here's a quote from TSA:

Items needed to pursue a Needlepoint project are permitted in your carry-on baggage or checked baggage with the exception of circular thread cutters or any cutter with a blade contained inside which cannot go through the checkpoint and must go in your checked baggage.

Now, scissors must have blades less than 4" long, so smaller scissors are allowed.

Hey!! What is going on here? :eek You all must be having some major power surges!! :rofl After all- I did type "Joanne should make herself a flannelghan..." :lol:lol:lol Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard I am crying! Dh is looking at me like I'm nuts.

Beth, WTG on standing for that whole time! I hope you are resting your leg now. Give your ds a :h5 from me! He sounds like an awesome swimmer!

Leanne, you can take plastic and wood hooks on the plane, but metal ones have to be packed in your luggage. If you have fold-able scissors, that would help. :wink Or a yarn pendant. I actually called the TSA when we went to MI- they took my name, address, flight number, etc! :eek I sure hope your P hook is plastic or wooden, so you can work on Joanne's flannelghan! :rofl

Colleen, sorry to hear about your day. :hug I get really frazzled when I try to do stuff with the kids before my cleaning is finished, also. Or if they want me to do something while I'm cleaning (like feed them! :lol) I get all frazzled. I hope you can relax a bit after dd is in bed.

Everyone else...hugs and love! I'm having a frazzled day myself, so I'm going to check out the Christmas CAL, and figure out a project to work on. Love you all!

Stacy, I'm sorry. I was worried they'd kick me out if I didn't go along with them.:devil

Whoever asked about getting the daily digest for subscribed threads,

Go to User CP.

On the left (under Your Control Panel) find "Subscribed Threads" and click on "List Subscriptions." In the middle of the page, there's a box listing all your subscribed threads. There are boxes to check to the right. Check by clicking the ones you want to get e-mails about, then go to the bottom. There's a pull-down box that says "Move to Folder." If you click on this, one of the choices is "daily e-mail notification." Hit go, and all the threads you've selected will come into your mailbox every day.

Hooray for us giving you a good laugh, Stacy!!! :):hug ...and yep, my P hook is plastic, but I would need an extra carry on for all that yarn:devil

Colleen - I need to go check out the February song on the Christmas CAL

Beth - :cheerfor making it through the swim meet, and for DS doing so well!

:hi, Mary!

I know, I couldn't believe it. I always thought you were the innocent one. :lol

Did your family arrive safely?

Yes DD and her family got here OK last night. Ds didn't come but that is OK he will visit when he has time.

DD and her DH are gone out for the night and the GKS are sleeping at my Mom's house.

:lol at your siggy, Stacy! :lol:lol

Things are fun in MA tonight... we watched Mall Cop (filmed at the mall up the street from us), and now I am teaching Krissy and Pete a solitaire game.

Mary Wow! 9 snowflakes! cool! how many are in that ghan again? 54? I did a square from the 63 squares book. It's another ongoing WIP:devil

Archived